PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Have Good Ringtone or Text Alert Messages?

DiscGo
01-27-2009, 11:19 AM
So my work just got me and my co-workers all new phones. The phones are awesome, but everyone has the same ringtones and I am already growing tired of hearing everyone else have the same tones. Our phones have software on them for making ringtones, but I am just not feeling creative.

Do you guys have any fun ringtones and text alert tones? I would love some suggestions (or if you want to go the extra mile, I would really love people sending or uploading me the tones).

Thanks.

Lizzard
01-27-2009, 11:49 AM
The ringtone for my wife calling. :lol8:

Mtnman1830
01-27-2009, 12:11 PM
I have the horn from The General Lee for my messages...

Sure do get some looks.

R
01-27-2009, 12:19 PM
I always wanted the alarm clocks at the beginning of Pink Floyd's "Time", but my phone won't let me use my MP3s as ring tones.

Now I am listening to "Time" and remembering what a kick ass song it is. :nod:

And you run and you run to catch up with the sun, but its sinking
And racing around to come up behind you again
The sun is the same in the relative way, but youre older
Shorter of breath and one day closer to death

DiscGo
01-27-2009, 02:02 PM
Lizzard- That is pretty funny. I used to have "Just a Friend" by Biz Markie but I have grown tired of it. Your ringtone is pretty funny.

That is a great idea. Who doesn't love that horn? :)

Redpb
01-27-2009, 02:05 PM
I spent far too much time making my own tones
however it appears the file sizes are too big. send me your email addy and I'll send ya what I have.

Iceaxe
01-27-2009, 03:30 PM

Sweet.... we have a programable doorbell and it plays "Dixie", which is the tune of the General Lee.

You guys do know that tune might be considered a little racist by some... probably don't want it on your phone when visiting Oakland. :haha:

FWIW: Those candyass hollywood types removed the rebel flag from the top of the General Lee in the last dukes movie.

Mtnman1830
01-27-2009, 05:01 PM
FWIW: Those candyass hollywood types removed the rebel flag from the top of the General Lee in the last dukes movie.

I never noticed that...

Ih8grvty
01-28-2009, 10:46 AM
So my work just got me and my co-workers all new phones. The phones are awesome, but everyone has the same ringtones and I am already growing tired of hearing everyone else have the same tones. Our phones have software on them for making ringtones, but I am just not feeling creative.

Do you guys have any fun ringtones and text alert tones? I would love some suggestions (or if you want to go the extra mile, I would really love people sending or uploading me the tones).

Thanks.

look around cnet.com
there is free software that lets you make your own.
There is several websites that host free ring tones as well that let you make your own, but Id have to ask my wife what one that is and she is no home!

I personally love having the sound of an arrow then a thud then "message for you sir!
for my text message alert.
Monty Python...Quest for the Holy Grail...

No idea?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hIqlcaazN_0
watch it all! but what I referenced takes place at 420 to 450.

DiscGo
01-28-2009, 12:06 PM
That is pretty funny. I just set it for my text messages. Thanks.

RugerShooter
01-28-2009, 12:41 PM
Try www.zedge.com for free ringtones.

JeniferJason
08-04-2015, 08:46 PM
Hey, I just found a new site that can "CLICK MY SPAM SITE HERE by combine your name with your favorite song. Faster try it now! :haha:

Sombeech
08-05-2015, 10:50 AM
Hey, I just found a new site that can CLICK MY SPAM SITE HERE by combine your name with your favorite song. Faster try it now! :haha:

I can set the song of my choice to be my ringtone? What will they think of next?

phatch
08-05-2015, 03:36 PM
The Zedge app for Android is a fun endless source of cool sounds for just this purpose. I tend to use Chewbacca howling for message alerts and then use a few ringtones for different categories like family, work so on. I don't tend to get too individual on ringtones finding categories more useful.