PDA

View Full Version : Nutty gun sales

Scott Card
01-22-2009, 03:50 PM
I was at Sportsman's Warehouse yesterday and Cabelas today and I must say that gun sales are truly nuts. At Sportsmans, it looks like they have about 50% of their normal inventory. I was number 75 when I pulled a number at Cabelas today and the number being serves was 52. This was at about 10:30 am, 1 1/2 hours after opening. Needless to say, I actually found the 410 shells that I was looking for and bailed before number 60 was called. I like guns and all but are people really that paranoid? Wow. I am not sure this belongs here or in the Political Section since it appears to be Obama driven mania.

JP
01-22-2009, 08:37 PM
Insane the number of gun sales. I was in our Cabela's here in Connecticut and I was shocked you had to take a number...sort of like at the deli line in the supermarket :haha: The influx in sales, thank Obama for that one :roflol:

jumar
01-23-2009, 07:28 AM
I like guns and all but are people really that paranoid? Wow. I am not sure this belongs here or in the Political Section since it appears to be Obama driven mania.

Gun restrictions have happened in the near past, and both the Obama administration and congress has made no secret about their desire to tighten down on guns. To what extent they will attempt and/or be successful in their intentions, I don't know.

JP
01-23-2009, 07:42 AM
Hence the reason for the balloon in gun sales :nod: I'm sure the economy isn't negatively hurting the firearms industry :haha:

RugerShooter
01-23-2009, 08:00 AM
I just looked at the end of year numbers there were 3,326 more guns sold in 2008 then 2007. & 34,365 permits given out. :2thumbs:

JP
01-23-2009, 08:15 AM
The sales in the beginning of this year will be interesting as well :nod:

jumar
01-23-2009, 10:28 AM
http://www.examiner.com/x-2547-Watchdog-Politics-Examiner~y2009m1d22-Gun-control-and-the-Obama-agenda

On Obama's agenda is repeal of the Tiahrt Amendment which protects gun owners privacy. It restricts the ability of local law enforcement to access gun trace information. They also want to make the expired Assault Weapons Ban Reauthorization Act of 2008, which amends the federal criminal code to reinstate, for 10 years, the Public Safety and Recreational Firearms Use Protection Act's assault weapons ban to prohibit the manufacture, transfer, or possession of a semiautomatic assault weapon or a large capacity ammunition feeding device, permanent.