PDA

View Full Version : Obama's long lost brother?

KapitanSparrow
01-21-2009, 11:58 AM
That's not Barack Obama selling heartburn medication.

It's Ilham Anas, an Indonesian magazine photographer who bears a striking resemblance to the president-elect. The 34-year-old is now collecting paychecks as an Obama look-alike.

"At first my nose and eyes made me self-conscious, but now I think they are God's blessing," Ilham Anas told the Associated Press.

Click here for photos of Anas.

Like Obama, Anas is of American and Kenyan descent. His new life as an Obama double started after the November 2008 election.

"My colleagues played a practical joke on me -- they made me wear a suit, a tie, and took pictures of me posing as Obama," Anas told Reuters.

From there, his notoriety soared.

"The pictures spread very quickly on the Internet, he told Reuters. "It was phenomenal. Then TV stations and an advertising agency got in touch with me."

That's pretty amazing! :haha:
Now, Anas is making public appearances around Asia, and even appeared in a heartburn medication commercial in the Philippines. While he won't be present in Washington, D.C., as Obama is inaugurated, Anas will be playing the part on Indonesian television.

JP
01-21-2009, 12:28 PM
Maybe he'll use him as a "Stunt Double" when Bush's Patriot Act picks up on a possible assassination attempt :haha:

skianddive
01-21-2009, 04:42 PM
Can't wait to see him on Celebrity Jeopardy on the Tonight Show!

Steve Bridges played Bush perfectly all these years. Too bad he'll be out of a job soon.

http://amazingfacestalent.com/Steve_Bridges/images/bush/gallerySept06/bush8967.jpg