PDA

View Full Version : Riding areas in St. George

moab mark
01-20-2009, 07:54 PM
Haven't been to st. george motorcycling in years. Just got back from riding in st. george and everywhere we use to go is closed. Does any one know when the area out by the armory in bloomington was closed? There were state trust land no ohv's allowed signs everywhere. They have also built a highway in that area that I guess is going to the new airport? Ended up riding over in the washington dam area. Anyone know of other areas down there to ride?
Thanks
Mark

nelsonccc
01-22-2009, 10:06 AM
I know how you feel. I grew up there and over Thanksgiving I went out to a few old spots and they were all closed. The area out at the end of Bloomington was closed over the summer when they started the airport. It's still open to motorized use but only on established roads (lame).

Luckily there are so many places to ride there. Are you looking for the park and ride nearby type area or the 40-50 mile trail.

There is of course the Warner Valley out behind Washington Fields. Lots of trails, some sand dunes, and a ton of places to explore. You can park on the warner valley rode behind washingon fields and ride all over the area and there is a great trail that you can take up behind Sand Hollow reservoir.

For the day trip type thing. There are several options.
Coral Pink Sanddunes: you can ride all over up here and it

moab mark
01-22-2009, 12:29 PM
Thanks for the info. We rode what we call the washington dam area which I think you are calling warner valley area. One of the best places I have been for smaller kids. My 7 year old wants to just move to the parking lot and live there so he can play on all of those small hills.

We are also looking for more adult areas (go fast see lots of country especially single track). We had a map from the state showing riding out south west of bloomington which I think is the same area you are talking about but could not find where to park?
Have you ridden the road headed out to the grand canyon (arizona strip?). When we passed through all of the closed area and came upon the new four lane road going to the airport we saw a bunch of trailers parked in arizona?

Where do we find the turkey farm?
Any more details would be appreciated. Have spent most all of my time riding in the moab area but my buddies dad bought a condo in st. george so now we have free room :2thumbs:
Thanks
Mark

nelsonccc
01-23-2009, 02:41 PM
Okay. It took me couple of days but I

moab mark
01-23-2009, 02:51 PM
I really appreciate it. Thats alot of good stuff. We drove out the navajo road looking around but didn't go far enough.
Thanks alot

Mark