PDA

View Full Version : Trolley Square Hero Resigns After Accusations of Misconduct

James_B_Wads2000
01-14-2009, 01:45 PM
I guess before he became a hero he got a blowjob from a minor. After Trolley Square he went Rodney King on somebody. I guess there is no such thing as a true hero. Still I am glad he did what he did at Trolley Square. :2guns:

James

http://www.standard.net/live/news/161108#

Hero resigns from Ogden PD / Hammond's attorney says police planned to fire himTuesday, January 13, 2009

By Carlor Mayorga
Standard-Examiner Staff

OGDEN -- Ken Hammond, the Ogden police officer who was praised for his role in the Trolley Square shootings almost two years ago and has recently been charged with unlawful sexual conduct, resigned from the force on Friday.

On Monday, the Ogden Police Department sent out a one-sentence news release announcing Hammond's resignation but offered no other details or comment on the matter. Hammond had worked for the department for about eight years.

Hammond's attorney, Brenda Beaton, said the officer resigned after he learned the department planned to fire him.

"Ken really felt he had spent years as a dedicated servant ... It's very discouraging," Beaton said. "They certainly took advantage of any good publicity he brought the department."

Beaton said Hammond has been offered a new job, but declined to say whether the position is with another police agency.

Hammond, 35, was charged with a single count of unlawful sexual conduct with a 16- or 17-year-old female, a third-degree felony, in 2nd District Court in December in connection with an incident of oral sex in July 2005, according to court documents.

In late October, Hammond was placed on paid administrative leave after the department received the misconduct allegation, which led to the criminal charge.

Hammond received national recognition and several awards after he exchanged gunfire with Sulejman Talovic, 18, in February 2007 after Talovic entered Trolley Square in Salt Lake City and began shooting at mall patrons. Talovic killed five people, but he was held at bay until SWAT officers arrived when the off-duty officer intervened and began shooting at him. Talovic was then killed by responding officers.

Hammond is scheduled to make his first appearance in 2nd District Court on Jan. 27. He is also facing a civil lawsuit in federal court in Salt Lake City of police brutality, stemming from a May 2008 incident.

The Associated Press contributed to this report.

Last Child
01-14-2009, 02:29 PM
Yep, sad. I feel bad for his wife.

JP
01-14-2009, 09:25 PM
Still a hero, cannot take away the fact that he saved a bunch of innocent lives.

James_B_Wads2000
01-15-2009, 08:46 AM
a bunch of innocent lives.

Was that before or after he solicited them for blowjobs? :haha:

James

Deathcricket
01-15-2009, 08:47 AM
Oh he's married?

Hmmm I still don't think getting a BJ from a 16 or 17 is that bad. It's hard to tell now-a-days. Cheating on his wife is a bigger deal IMO. But then I guess my values aren't same the same as the rest of society, hehe.

I don't know about the beating incident, so can't comment on that.

JP
01-15-2009, 08:56 AM
Was that before or after he solicited them for blowjobs? :haha:
Does it matter Jimmy?

Last Child
01-15-2009, 09:02 AM
Oh he's married?

Hmmm I still don't think getting a BJ from a 16 or 17 is that bad. It's hard to tell now-a-days. Cheating on his wife is a bigger deal IMO. But then I guess my values aren't same the same as the rest of society, hehe.

I don't know about the beating incident, so can't comment on that.

Didn't you mean...

Hmmmmmmrrrrrrrr! ?

RedMan
01-15-2009, 10:00 AM
The fact remains that when the shit hit the fan he pulled it together and a bunch of people are still breathing today.

I hope he is around the next time bullets start flying. I'll take him any day over a mouthpiece like James.

If you have ever been in the military you know that some of the people you want to have around most when the really nasty shit is happening are not necessarily the same people you leave alone with your children.

The fantasy expectations we have of people is unrealistic.

James_B_Wads2000
01-15-2009, 01:59 PM
[quote=RedMan] If you have ever been in the military you know

Sombeech
01-15-2009, 02:09 PM
eatin' ain't cheatin'

Iceaxe
01-15-2009, 02:32 PM
Hmmm I still don't think getting a BJ from a 16 or 17 is that bad. It's hard to tell now-a-days.

http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e274/zpower240/jailbait.jpg

JP
01-17-2009, 08:46 AM
I'll take him any day over a mouthpiece like James.
I hear that :haha:

Sombeech
01-17-2009, 09:59 AM
LOL BJ's

live2ride
01-22-2009, 02:15 PM
Wow, such hate in this post. I love your 2 cents Ice!!