PDA

View Full Version : Feature Request

CarpeyBiggs
01-07-2009, 09:38 PM
I think Bogley should get a "chat" feature. What think ye?

Cirrus2000
01-07-2009, 10:01 PM
I think I'd waste - er, invest - even more time here!

abirken
01-07-2009, 10:05 PM
I think I'd waste - er, invest - even more time here!

DITTO THAT. Just add ONE MORE chat service to consume my time. Thanks for the request. :nono: :lol8:

rockgremlin
01-08-2009, 05:51 AM
I like it, and second the motion.

DiscGo
01-08-2009, 05:59 AM
I like the idea of it, but the only concern I have with chat is that people would post less and if I weren't here when the conversation took place, I'd miss out on the fun.

CarpeyBiggs
01-08-2009, 10:00 AM
I like the idea of it, but the only concern I have with chat is that people would post less and if I weren't here when the conversation took place, I'd miss out on the fun.
make the chat archived.

accadacca
01-08-2009, 02:45 PM
make the chat archived.
I agree with DiscGo.

At the bottom of every post you can list which IM services you use. You do this in your profile. All a bogley member has to do is click to have a chat with you "offline." Is this sufficient?

http://www.bogley.com/forum/files/picture_1_551.png

KapitanSparrow
01-08-2009, 06:17 PM
make the chat archived.
I agree with DiscGo.

At the bottom of every post you can list which IM services you use. You do this in your profile. All a bogley member has to do is click to have a chat with you "offline." Is this sufficient?

http://www.bogley.com/forum/files/picture_1_551.png

I don't see Skype up there :ne_nau: :haha:

I too would like to see a group chat!

RedMan
01-08-2009, 07:01 PM
I don't recommend it. Seen two other forums pretty much dry up and blow away. Regular posters became regular chatters and soon there was no content being added to the site.

Personally I am ADD so trying to have a chat with a half dozen people simply drives me nuts.