PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Up For Some Snowshoeing?

Wasatch
01-06-2009, 01:54 PM
Was thinking about going up Big Cottonwood Canyon this Saturday. Anyone else want to join up? We could meet up at the Park and Ride, and then shuttle up to the trailhead.

BruteForce
01-06-2009, 02:56 PM
How long of a hike/walk were you thinking? What's the terrain? I may be game. I'm ready to break-in my new Christmas snow shoes.

Joe Gardner
01-06-2009, 03:23 PM
I'm going to watch this thread, but make no promises.

Don
01-06-2009, 03:49 PM
I'm going to watch this thread, but make no promises.

Me too. Likely going to try to get out on Friday and end up busy on Saturday, but maybe...

Wasatch
01-06-2009, 05:26 PM
Was maybe thinking what people would like to do. Possible places: Dog Lake, Cardiff Fork, Butler Fork, Green's Basin, Willow Lake, etc. This is my first snowshoe of the year. If someone has a place in mind, let me/other's know. I just want to get out and do some snowshoeing. Let's get this together, lol

BruteForce
01-06-2009, 05:32 PM
Was maybe thinking what people would like to do. Possible places: Dog Lake, Cardiff Fork, Butler Fork, Green's Basin, Willow Lake, etc. This is my first snowshoe of the year. If someone has a place in mind, let me/other's know. I just want to get out and do some snowshoeing. Let's get this together, lol

Is Mineral Fork accessible for snow shoeing this time of year? I've hiked, climbed and ATV'd that area, but never in winter.

Wasatch
01-06-2009, 07:50 PM

Is Mineral Fork accessible for snow shoeing this time of year? I've hiked, climbed and ATV'd that area, but never in winter.

It's been a few years since I've snowshoed Mineral Fork. We went up to the mine and came back. I remember a few postholeing spots on the way back, lol We did it later in the season I remember. It should be accessible.