PDA

View Full Version : DirecTV & KJZZ

RugerShooter
01-05-2009, 08:29 PM
If you have Direc TV you no longer get KJZZ 14, call them and complain, I have called twice and have been told a different story both times. 1st time I was told KJZZ would not sign a new contract, and the 2nd time I was told KJZZ did not request to be broadcast by a certain date.

CALL AND LET THEM KNOW HOW YOU FEEL 1-800-531-5000

RugerShooter
01-06-2009, 06:53 AM
Here is what KJZZ says about it.

http://www.kjzz.com/video/37019664.html
Attention DIRECTV Subscribers
By Steve Baxter

Story Created: Jan 2, 2009

Story Updated: Jan 5, 2009
DirecTV has denied a retransmission consent to carry KJZZ TV channel 14. If you are a DirecTV subscriber, you will no longer get any programming that KJZZ airs including the 12 premiere Utah Jazz games that are scheduled to run between now and April 10.

If you want to see these games as well as our other sports programming, I suggest that you call DirecTV and tell their service representatives that this programming is important to you.

DirecTV Contact Information: 1-800-531-5000

I understand that DirecTV is telling you that the problem lies with us, but the part they are not telling you is that cable and satellite providers normally pay TV stations for their programming content. These fees allow television stations to produce and purchase the programming that you enjoy. This is partly what you are paying for in your satellite bill every month. DirecTV is not compensating KJZZ for any of its programming and yet they are charging you as a customer for this same content. DirecTV is compensating other local TV stations for their programming.

KJZZ TV has had a long standing retransmission consent agreement with Dish Network. They also have agreements with many cable companies. KJZZ TV is being paid by these other satellite and cable providers a nominal and fair fee for this programming and is asking DirecTV to pay a similar fee which still allows them to profit from your monthly subscription. Our programming is still being carried on the DISH Network and Comcast Cable as well as over the air to those viewers who prefer to use an antenna.

FACTS

Don
01-06-2009, 06:57 AM
Can't think of anything on KJZZ I would watch. :haha:

live2ride
01-06-2009, 08:15 AM
Yeah I noticed on the Jazz game last night that is all they talked about.

Deathcricket
01-06-2009, 08:22 AM
Maybe they dropped the channel cause no one watches it? I'm sure they keep good stats on who watches what and are "culling the herd".

accadacca
01-06-2009, 08:25 AM
I gotz Comcast... :flipa: