PDA

View Full Version : Smart Phone Apps Suggestions?

DiscGo
01-02-2009, 01:59 PM
I am getting a new phone from my work. It is the HTC Touch Pro. This is my first smart phone, and I wasn't sure if any of you have any suggestions on good apps? It is going to have Windows Mobile 6.1.

shlingdawg
01-05-2009, 08:43 AM
I'm stuck with RIM - so no Windows mobile for me.

I find the Yahoo mobile app useful for weather, news, sports and stuff like that. It seems to work faster than the RIM Browser. I'm guessing they have a similar program for Windows mobile.

BruteForce
01-05-2009, 11:52 AM
My personal favorites for Windows Mobile are:

- PocketInformant (PIM)
- FlexMail (by same company)
- SPB Menu (custom interface/today screen)
- PhatNotes
- eWallet
- WISBar Advance

Sombeech
04-06-2011, 09:15 AM
bump

A couple of years later...

My Android apps are:
My Tracks
Firefox
LogMeIn
Tapatalk for bogley
Advanced Task Killer

Games are:
Angry Birds Rio
any kind of first person view racing game
Solo Lite (guitar)
Peter Griffin soundboard
any other games that kids will enjoy

jman
04-06-2011, 09:51 AM
Iphone Apps (some are jailbroken apps):

Apps:
MyWi4 (Cydia)= Tethering app
DocsToGo = view my work pdfs on the go, as well as my outdoor beta pdfs
iFile = filemanager for the iphone
Heytell = Free, push to talk service (for either phone numbers of email addresses). Incredibly useful.
TopoMaps = satellite view topo maps (iphone edition) which shows my current location as I hike and records my tracks and waypoints.
Indeed = search engine that searches for job postings (indeed.com searches more job posting sites than any other I have come across)
Flixster = movie listing app
iTeleport = VPN
TruPrint (Cydia) = bypasses Apple's restrictive printing service, and is able to print to most Wi-Fi enabled printers.
Infinifolders (Cydia) = bypasses Apple's restriction on ONLY 12 apps per folder. Allows for unlimited apps in one folder. Very useful for games.

Games:
Angry Birds
Angry Birds Rio
TinyWings
Collision Effect
Meteor Blitz
The Simpsons
Plant vs. Zombies
Words Free
Unblock Me
Solitaire

WoodNewb
04-06-2011, 02:17 PM
There are a lot of great apps out there. There is Android and
IPhone application development (http://www.mutualmobile.com) going on all the time. You really have to stay up on it to find out about the new ones. I really like DocsToGo, Firefox and Lightphone. I also like the Angry Birds games.

DiscGo
04-07-2011, 05:51 AM
I have LOVED my android phone. I currently have the Droid 2 Global. I remembering reading an article once that said Apps don't really matter and it is all about the internet but Apps do matter a lot. I have an App for just about everything. I can't believe how much time my phone's Apps save me at work (Subnet calculator, Docs to Go, Cam Scanner, Gtech Net Tools, Level Pro, Docs to Go, Wireless Analyser, Wireless Tether, Mag Flashlight, Google Navigate, etc.). And just about every where else I go too. There are some apps which are cool but that I don't really use (like the metal detector app) but over all, I have been so impressed with Android on my droid 2 than I ever was with Windows Mobile.

Deadeye008
04-07-2011, 07:59 AM
Trimble Outdoors is an excellent app for hiking/camping. It allows you to cache maps on your phone so you can use them when you are not inside your network. You can also geotag photos and video while on a trip. I also like the Google Sky app.