PDA

View Full Version : Bunny HUnting Tips

tallsteve
12-31-2008, 07:49 AM
OK, so I consider myself a decent rabbit hunter but after Saturday's excursion I'm beginning to wonder. A buddy and I headed out west of Utah Lake to an area we call Dead Cowboy Corral (that in itself is another story but suffice it to say that last year we came upon a dead cowboy at that spot, boots pointing up skyward in effigy). There were bunny tracks running everywhere in the fresh snow but we didn't see a one! We probably walked for 5 miles or so, beating the brush when we could, with nigh a hide nor hair (pun intended) anywhere. We started hunting about 10:00am and hunted until 1:00. The sky was clear with no clouds and cold temps. Was I hunting at the wrong time of day? Is hunting better when it's overcast and warmer? We couldn't figure it out. Any suggestions?
As a side note, we must have pulled out 4-5 vehicles that were stuck in the deep, fresh snow including a 2-wheel drive Suburban (from California), a mini-van, an ill equipped Ford Exploder- I mean Explorer, and a Honda rice rocket. What were these folks thinking? The snow is deep and they are off pavement in those vehicles?

fourtycal
12-31-2008, 04:27 PM
Probably just spooky from so many hunters, I can't find any either :ne_nau: