PDA

View Full Version : Licenses/Permits for general deer

Wasatch Rebel
12-29-2008, 06:30 PM
It's actually been a few years since I went deer hunting, and a brief glimpse of last year's proclamation shows me that it's a whole lot different to purchase licenses/permits, than it was the last time I went. Well, mainly I didn't go because I had to give up my 4x4 due to circumstances, but with a 4x4 purchase hopefully upcoming in the next few months, I'm looking forward to going again. Only I'm not sure how it works now---the license thing. And the dates and all that. So if anyone can fill me in, I'd surely appreciate it.

Wasatch Rebel
01-01-2009, 06:24 AM
Okay, I know it's a stupid question---I should just read the proclamation. One thing though---they sure don't try and make those proclamations easy reading. :haha:

fourtycal
01-01-2009, 07:31 AM
Okay, I know it's a stupid question---I should just read the proclamation. One thing though---they sure don't try and make those proclamations easy reading. :haha:

I hear that :haha: it seems confusing but not too hard once you find the basics. Apply online and it won't let you do it wrong, just gives you choices and asks for your money.

You need to apply for any deer hunt, slim to no chance for over the counter tags anymore except general elk.

The past several years all big game hunt applications were due in January, looks like this year the application period begins January 22nt and ends February 26th.

You need a hunting or combination license now to apply. Buy it online or at most any sporting goods store.

You have to pick the area you want to hunt, The state is divided into 5 areas. You can look at the boundry maps in the guidebook to pick your hunting area.

Good luck!

The DWR website is a bit hard to navigate but I use the calender regularly. http://wildlife.utah.gov/calendar/index.php?m=2&y=2009
And of course the guidebook (used to be called proclamation) http://wildlife.utah.gov/guidebooks/

Wasatch Rebel
01-01-2009, 08:36 PM
Thanks! That helps more than you know.