PDA

View Full Version : What could I buy at Cabela's for $68?

Wasatch Rebel
12-27-2008, 04:53 AM
I got some Christmas money to spend, plus a $10 Cabela's coupon that expires on the 29th, so I'm thinking I might want to combine the two and get something at Cabela's, so if you have any suggestions, I'd appreciate them.

DiscGo
12-27-2008, 05:34 AM
If you do not already have one, I really recommend a "Strike Force" fire starter (or something very similar). I have LOVED my strike force. I seldom even use matches anymore when I go camping. Plus there was one campout in Alaska where everything got soaked and my matches were ruined by my fire starter still worked great.

http://www.ultimatesurvival.com/product_view.cfm?product_ID=435

Wasatch Rebel
12-27-2008, 05:43 AM
If you do not already have one, I really recommend a "Strike Force" fire starter (or something very similar). I have LOVED my strike force. I seldom even use matches anymore when I go camping. Plus there was one campout in Alaska where everything got soaked and my matches were ruined by my fire starter still worked great.

I don't have one, and I like it. My trouble is, trying to decide---there are so many choices.

JP
12-27-2008, 10:35 AM
Grab some stuff for that .45 you have :nod: Cleaning kit and solvents if you don't have any and if you do, some nice rounds for that .45. I'd recommend the Winchester SXT rounds for that (those might be Law Enforcement only) and if you cannot find those, Federal Hydra-Shok's...Cannot go wrong!

LOAH
12-27-2008, 10:44 AM
Lures, line, and hooks!

...But that's just what I'd do. :mrgreen:

JP
12-27-2008, 10:46 AM
...But that's just what I'd do. :mrgreen:
Shocker :roflol: :roflol: :roflol:

LOAH
12-27-2008, 10:51 AM
:lol8:

...Maybe a new reel instead.

blueeyes
12-27-2008, 12:07 PM

DiscoGo where were you when I was trying to get my Dad, Father-in-Law, and Brother-in-Law gifts this year? I will have to log that one away for next year or birthdays... or fathers day.

greyhair biker
12-27-2008, 05:47 PM
Here ya go - keep the 'boys' warm with UnderArmor Cold Gear Mossy Oak bottoms - $64.99 on sale :2thumbs:
http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/product/standard-item.jsp?id=0063422980009a&navCount=5&podId=0063422980009&parentId=cat601721&masterpathid=&navAction=jump&cmCat=MainCatcat21082-cat601721&catalogCode=UJ&rid=&parentType=index&indexId=cat601721&hasJS=true

DiscGo
12-27-2008, 06:55 PM
DiscoGo where were you when I was trying to get my Dad, Father-in-Law, and Brother-in-Law gifts this year? I will have to log that one away for next year or birthdays... or fathers day.

I'm telling you BlueEyes, those fire starters are the coolest! I love mine so much that I am not sure that I even want to know somebody who wouldn't love one of those :)

Wasatch Rebel
12-27-2008, 07:23 PM
Great suggestions---and I've already spent the moula. I went to Cabela's today, and bought me a dutch oven table--so I don't have to bend my creaky back any more to stir the pots.

But I want to thank you for the great suggestions for my future birthday, Father's Day, Christmas etc., lists!

A few other things I need in the near future:

1. A nice head lamp
2. A Casio Pathfinder PAG40-3V watch
3. A new fly rod
4. A Camp Chef
5. More guns/ammo/fishing supplies!
6. Some of that fancy camo long underwear!
7. Definitely that fire starter

Oh yeah, I also took back a book my wife got me from Barnes and Noble. It was a great idea really and the book I found to replace it was much better. Here's the link: http://www.amazon.com/Backcountry-Adventures-Ultimate-Utility-Vehicle/dp/1930193122. I know the wife was kind of miffed that I didn't like the original book, but I think she liked it that she was on the right track and that I'm getting a similar book. The other book she picked out was about Utah backroads, but without any GPS coordinates or really any good info--just a lot of nice pictures and bland descriptions.

Scott Card
12-27-2008, 10:15 PM

http://www.ultimatesurvival.com/product_view.cfm?product_ID=435They look pretty cool but I didn't see it listed on Cabelas online store. They have other lighters but not that one. Bummer. (unless I missed it.)

DiscGo
12-28-2008, 05:56 AM
I have only been to Cabellas once, and I was not impressed by their prices, but they at least had something very similar when I was there.

I got mine at Recreation Outlet.

Wasatch Rebel
12-28-2008, 07:08 AM
I have only been to Cabellas once, and I was not impressed by their prices, but they at least had something very similar when I was there.

I got mine at Recreation Outlet.

It's true that much of Cabela's stuff is overpriced. On the other hand, it's a cool store, they have a lot of stuff on sale, and you can find just about anything you need in one spot. I'm never impressed with their prices however either.

DiscGo
12-28-2008, 07:34 AM
Yeah, Cabela's is way cool. I am just too poor to feel like I can afford to shop there. In Cabela's defense though, I am too poor to shop at a lot of places :)

greyhair biker
12-28-2008, 01:43 PM
Great suggestions---and I've already spent the moula. I went to Cabela's today, and bought me a dutch oven table--so I don't have to bend my creaky back any more to stir the pots.

But I want to thank you for the great suggestions for my future birthday, Father's Day, Christmas etc., lists!

A few other things I need in the near future:

1. A nice head lamp
2. A Casio Pathfinder PAG40-3V watch
3. A new fly rod
4. A Camp Chef
5. More guns/ammo/fishing supplies!
6. Some of that fancy camo long underwear!
7. Definitely that fire starter

Oh yeah, I also took back a book my wife got me from Barnes and Noble. It was a great idea really and the book I found to replace it was much better. Here's the link: http://www.amazon.com/Backcountry-Adventures-Ultimate-Utility-Vehicle/dp/1930193122. I know the wife was kind of miffed that I didn't like the original book, but I think she liked it that she was on the right track and that I'm getting a similar book. The other book she picked out was about Utah backroads, but without any GPS coordinates or really any good info--just a lot of nice pictures and bland descriptions.

damn...I forgot about the table! My father in law and I have been looking to build a heavier duty dutch oven table for a year now. We've both looked at the table at Cabelas and have nearly come up with a prototype but havent actually built it yet. I want it to be big enough for a 14-16" oven and have room for a CampChef BBQ'r...coals a plenty and lots of controlled heat. BUT, I digress....it's a great starter table and nice & sturdy. :nod: