PDA

View Full Version : I filled up the car for 20 bucks!

Sombeech
12-24-2008, 01:34 PM
:clap: :banana: :flag:

discuss

Deuce
12-24-2008, 01:39 PM
I got so use to $100 a fill up, every time I go to the gas station(diesel), it is like someone slips me $40-50......

That and the fact that I stopped smoking/chewing.....I feel like someone gave me a raise.....

James_B_Wads2000
12-24-2008, 01:40 PM
To fill the 4Runner it was $26 and it cost $11.50 to fill the Prius.

Let the good times roll...

James

Sombeech
12-24-2008, 01:43 PM
I feel like leaving the car running in the driveway all night just so I can fill it up again in the morning.

Mtnman1830
12-24-2008, 02:21 PM
That and the fact that I stopped smoking/chewing.....I feel like someone gave me a raise.....

My resolution for this year....

Chew is going go be harder than smokes by far...

rockgremlin
12-24-2008, 03:27 PM
I feel like leaving the car running in the driveway all night just so I can fill it up again in the morning.

:roflol:

accadacca
12-24-2008, 03:42 PM

:roflol:
Maybe you can run a port to your heating system in your house. Might be cheaper then running your furnace... :lol8:

Deuce
12-24-2008, 05:07 PM

My resolution for this year....

Chew is going go be harder than smokes by far...

For some reason, it was opposite for me. I suspected that the chew would be harder, as it is what I did at home.... But just didn't work that way. In fact, I quit everything around mid January last year, but smoked for the month of June when my sister passed away....didn't even think about a can of Copenhagen after about 6 weeks....

Have been tobacco free for 6 months..... YIIPPEEEE :rockon:

Ih8grvty
12-24-2008, 08:03 PM
I remember when it was 87 cents a gallon, and when I started driving it was still only 93 cents a gallon, I shall not be happy till it gets back to those amounts!
I recall the first time we went into Iraq, people were pissed and a country station here in utah made a song about iraq, one line was gas was never meant to cost a dollar twenty nine!
We are paying over that amount now, and people are happy as a pig in poop!

Just bitching:D todays prices are better than what I was paying all summer, too bad its too damned cold to take the motor home to the high uintas now, I could afford to drive it up there now.

moabfool
12-26-2008, 02:10 PM
I haven't paid over $10 to fill my ride for the last few weeks. I don't let it get below "half" in winter (really about 1/3) just in case I end up in a ditch. I'm topping off for less than $8. A Geo Prizm should not cost $40 to fill.

I used to have a boat that held 75 gallons of gas. It cost $100 to fill when gas was $1.29 (it is again in Bountiful). I'd have that beast full of gas right now in anticipation of summer. I could drain that thing and fill my car on the cheap for at least two months when prices go back up. As it is I'm surprised there hasn't been a run on gas cans so folks could stock up for summer. Maybe 55 gallon drums? The only problem would be keeping people from stealing your gas cans.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BMvNXoyiKIE

Wasatch Rebel
12-27-2008, 07:27 PM
I just spent $16.50 to fill my Honda Accord today--and the tank was nearly empty. I don't know how long this will last, but I'm lovin' it.