Rah :frustrated:

blueeyes
12-21-2008, 09:17 PM
December 21st, it's officially winter.

Good news is, every day from here on out will be longer. YAY :party:

I second that!! I LOVE winter but hate the shorter days. :banana:

abirken
12-21-2008, 09:19 PM
I am soooo ready to wake up at 6 am and see the sun!!!!! This is why I will retire near the equator one day. :2thumbs:

Don
12-21-2008, 10:13 PM
Happy longest night of the year everyone.

Mtnman1830
12-22-2008, 06:39 AM
Good. I was getting tired of not seeing the sun.

RedMan
12-22-2008, 08:14 AM
I am soooo ready to wake up at 6 am and see the sun!!!!! This is why I will retire near the equator one day. :2thumbs:

I'm with Abirken, I'm solar powered and this dark at 4:30pm crap drives me insane.

abirken
12-22-2008, 08:19 AM

I'm with Abirken, I'm solar powered and this dark at 4:30pm crap drives me insane.

Yup! It's been killing me b/c I can't seem to wake up at a decent hour and I completely oversleep everyday. UGH!!! Good news is, we are on the other side of it and it should start to slowly let up. :2thumbs:

James_B_Wads2000
12-22-2008, 09:59 AM
Though the solstice is awesome we are not out of the woods yet. The days will only be getting longer by a few seconds a day and the change is not really significant until mid February. Also the coldest days lag behind the darkest days by a month. So the crappist cold and snow has just begun.

Sorry to be a downer

CarpeyBiggs
12-22-2008, 03:07 PM
[quote=James_B_Wads2000]Though the solstice is awesome we are not out of the woods yet. The days will only be getting longer by a few seconds a day and the change is not really significant until mid February. Also the coldest days lag behind the darkest days by a month. So the crappist cold and snow has just begun.

Sorry to be a downer

BruteForce
12-22-2008, 03:10 PM
Dammit James! You ruin every thread! :roflol:

I usually try and get out and watch the sunset for the solstice every year. Unfortunately, I was stuck in the airport this year, so I'll celebrate with my contribution from near the solstice.

Happy longer days everyone!

http://danransom.com/blog/images/20081221211409_kalalau.jpg

How would it be.. hanging in Hawaii and backpacking your way along the island while the rest of us sit in the cold and snow. Have fun way in Hawaii and don't get eaten by any wild animals! :haha:

CarpeyBiggs
12-22-2008, 03:14 PM
How would it be.. hanging in Hawaii and backpacking your way along the island while the rest of us sit in the cold and snow. Have fun way in Hawaii and don't get eaten by any wild animals! :haha:

Thanks Brute. I actually got back last night. It's effin' cold!

James_B_Wads2000
12-22-2008, 03:26 PM
Dammit James! You ruin every thread! :roflol:

I usually try and get out and watch the sunset for the solstice every year. Unfortunately, I was stuck in the airport this year

Hawaii? What a waste. You should have spent your solstice photographing the Sun Tunnels in Lucin. :haha:

James

Sombeech
12-22-2008, 09:17 PM
[quote=James_B_Wads2000]Though the solstice is awesome we are not out of the woods yet. The days will only be getting longer by a few seconds a day and the change is not really significant until mid February. Also the coldest days lag behind the darkest days by a month. So the crappist cold and snow has just begun.

Sorry to be a downer

blueeyes
12-22-2008, 10:47 PM
[quote=CarpeyBiggs][quote=James_B_Wads2000]Though the solstice is awesome we are not out of the woods yet. The days will only be getting longer by a few seconds a day and the change is not really significant until mid February. Also the coldest days lag behind the darkest days by a month. So the crappist cold and snow has just begun.

Sorry to be a downer

Win
12-23-2008, 05:21 AM
When I lived in the East I put in long days and during the Winter I went to work in the dark and came home in the dark. It sucked! SW Utah is on the Western edge of Mountain Time and it's still light at 5:30 PM, at least enough to walk the dog after dinner. Another benefit of moving here.

Win

accadacca
12-23-2008, 09:11 AM
Man, January and even February are the most depressing months for me. I could see myself actually moving to San Diego or somewhere sunny one of these days..