PDA

View Full Version : Skiing Basin Friday Dec 19th

blueeyes
12-18-2008, 10:46 PM
Anyone is welcome to join if ya want. I might get there around 10ish unless I drag myslef out of bed earlier. Be staying until 3.

live2ride
12-19-2008, 08:07 AM
I bet that it is cold up there and windy!! Have fun and don't blow away!

accadacca
12-19-2008, 01:57 PM
HAVE FUN! I am looking forward to some pictures from you this year. :popcorn:

blueeyes
12-19-2008, 03:51 PM
Whew! I am beat!!!

That was fun, tons of powder, SNB had Sweet Revenge, Porcipine, and Dan's open. They did open John Paul but I heard it was very rocky over there so I didn't bother I am sure that by about 2PM John Paul was looking pretty good. I found my way from Dan's over to Becker and down Middle Bowl and no body was there and it was all mine and pretty powder. I am still learning powder and struggle in it a bit. This was perfect, cuz I didn't have to share and the run was wide and not to steep. I made 4 runs on Middle Bowl and not one time did I see another skier. Other then that I stayed on Dan's. I got there at 12 and left at 3 made 7 runs. The only reason I left was I was starving, and forgot my debit card and had no cash. :lol8:

Tomorrow should be good. I hope they open Strawberry.

Acca my camera took a nose dive, and if I ever figure out how to get pics off my blackberry I can post. I am not the greatest skier anyhow. Just have a love for it.

Joe Gardner
12-19-2008, 05:39 PM
Tell me more!

I think we are planning on hitting up Powder Mountain on Sunday, they are reporting only 17" base, I'm hoping there will be another 20" up there by the time we make our first turns. Think they plan on opening up any more of that mountain? I have never been there... :ne_nau:

blueeyes
12-19-2008, 08:03 PM
I havent' talked to anyone that has been up to Powder. I don't know how much of Powder is open. I miss skiing over there.

If I had to guess how much SNB got today I would say very close to a foot, and very light.

Joe Gardner
12-19-2008, 08:35 PM
Ahhh, a foot of light stuff, dreams come true on days like today. :D