PDA

View Full Version : First ice climb

Strieby
12-18-2008, 12:55 AM
I live in Provo and have decided that it is high time that I try ice climbing. I have plans to go this winter and I know that there are a few top rope options for my first time. Mostly I've heard about the first pitch of stairway to heaven and the dirt cicle in Spanish Fork Canyon. What suggestions do you all have?

jumar
12-18-2008, 08:12 AM
Stairway to heaven is where I first learned how to climb. Good place to go. Do you have someone to go with? Tag along with us sometime if you want to.

mills mania
12-18-2008, 03:42 PM
Yep those two places be my first two places as well. Their pretty fun places to go. You can get some climbs that are only about ten feet if you want or heck you can do the whole 5 pitches or however many it is when the ice comes in. :naughty:

Don
12-18-2008, 07:33 PM
Stairway to heaven is where I first learned how to climb. Good place to go. Do you have someone to go with? Tag along with us sometime if you want to.

When and Where? Josh wants to do this more this year. I'm nervous about it but would like to come check it out...

jumar
12-19-2008, 08:39 AM

When and Where? Josh wants to do this more this year. I'm nervous about it but would like to come check it out...
I go as often as I can (which wasn't hardly at all last year :frustrated: ). When are good times for you guys?