PDA

View Full Version : Trip Report Thanksgiving weekend: Coral Pink and Gold Butte

nelsonccc
12-17-2008, 03:16 PM
A little late posting this but better late than never. I took my YZ up to St. George for Thanksgiving and went out Thursday morning, Friday, and Satruday.

Thursday morning it was raining hard but I figured I could get into a lot of mud but damn it was cold.

Friday I went out to Coral Pink Sandunes. It

accadacca
12-19-2008, 01:53 PM
Looks fun! Thanks for the writeup. :2thumbs:

accadacca
01-10-2012, 10:11 AM
Bumped for awesomeness... :cool2:

fourtycal
01-11-2012, 03:55 PM
Great pictures. The coral dunes are some of my favorite and Gold Butte looks fun.

So can you go 85 miles with the 2 stroke or did you pack fuel? Is that a 3.1G tank?

I have also been wondering what your set-up is, tooth count front and rear on your 250?

nelsonccc
01-11-2012, 04:47 PM
Great pictures. The coral dunes are some of my favorite and Gold Butte looks fun.

So can you go 85 miles with the 2 stroke or did you pack fuel? Is that a 3.1G tank?

I have also been wondering what your set-up is, tooth count front and rear on your 250?

I didn't pack any fuel. I have the big gas tank. Can't remember what it is but it think its 4.2. I can typically go about 80 miles. I was on fumes when i got back at 85 miles, but that was a lot of high revving sand washes. When we do the paiute and it's more gentle throttle work, it'll only need 2 gallons at the station which means I was only halfway so i could have still gone another 50-60 miles.

I know the back is a 49 tooth. Not sure on the front. I'll look and see what my gearing is tonight and post tomorrow.