PDA

View Full Version : Rock climbing newbie from Utah

phillipeb
12-16-2008, 02:45 PM
Hello everyone,

Just stumbled across this forum and already i have learned a great deal.

I have been doing indoor bouldering off and on over the past year and wanted to take it out side with some rock climbing this next season, I thought this would be a great way to meet some people that are into the same things i am. I enjoy hiking, backpacking, and generally anything exploratory. I have never been in the cave systems, but after reading this forum i realized that it sounds like an awesome time.

phil

JP
12-16-2008, 03:53 PM
Howdy and Welcome Phil :wavey:

Jaxx
12-16-2008, 04:09 PM
Welcome. I have been getting more into rock climbing as well.
I know Don hits up AF canyon quite a bit. Him and Josh are two awesome dudes. I am going to try to talk them into letting me come along next year.

Sombeech
12-16-2008, 04:14 PM
Welcome to bogley!

Don
12-16-2008, 06:49 PM
Welcome Phil! You, Jaxx and anyone else is always welcome to climb, hike, snowshoe or whatever with Josh and I.
Climbing was usually Josh, Cody and I so a 4th man would have been useful anyway...

(You're going to have to talk to Jumar or someone else in the cave section for a caving trip though; that shit scares me.)

accadacca
12-16-2008, 09:49 PM
SUP Phil! Welcome to bogley. What part of the internets do you connect from?

DiscGo
12-17-2008, 06:27 AM
Welcome too the site!

I hope you like it,

Alex
12-17-2008, 06:41 AM
Welcome aboard

Deathcricket
12-17-2008, 07:17 AM
Welcome! If you're in southern Utah like around St george area. I can point you to a really cool cave and know a couple decent rock climbing spots. Hit me up sometime.

canyoncopa
07-01-2012, 06:16 PM
So it's been a few years, but if you're still interested in outdoor rock climbing in Utah, Rock Canyon in Provo is the place to go in my opinion. There are hundreds of bolted sport routes for all ability levels. The approaches are pretty short and easy. I've been climbing there a few times a week for the past couple years and I've only climbed a quarter of the routes. Mountainproject.com has the most complete list of routes in the canyon that I've found.
For other information on different areas in the Rock Canyon, feel free to check out this page on my blog: http://canyonsadventurecraze.blogspot.com/2012/07/climbing-rock-canyon_01.html