PDA

View Full Version : Social network / blogging sites

BruteForce
12-05-2008, 11:50 AM
So, seems most of my work colleagues are using multiple sites such as Facebook, Plaxo, LinkedIn (etc) to maintain some semblance of communication.

What do you use and why? Is there any value in having more than one account?

As for me, I use Facebook for personal stuff, LinkedIn for business stuff. I signed up for Plaxo today, but I don't see the value in having yet another account.

R
12-05-2008, 12:28 PM
I currently run three blogs, but don't much care for the social networking sites like Facebook or Myspace. I use Blogger.com to host my "main" blog, and the other two are part of my own site, richardbarron.net, which supports WordPress. They both have pros and cons. My friends and their friends make comments on my blog all the time, and that serves the same purpose as having a MySpace page. You are welcome to check it out, but be aware that it is snowing on my blog today...

http://giantmuh.blogspot.com/

-Richard

DiscGo
12-05-2008, 12:45 PM
I use Facebook because it is the most popular and I feel like it is cleaner than most of the other social sites. It being the most popular leads to me being able to keep in touch with more of my old friends and when people post their pictures or their status I am able to feel like I am still in touch with people with which I have not had contact in a while.

I also use Myspace. If you go to my myspace page, it says "I do not use myspace and you can find me on facebook".

Alex
12-05-2008, 01:38 PM
I use a phone to call my friends. It works awesome :2thumbs:

tanya
12-05-2008, 01:57 PM

:five:

Jaxx
12-05-2008, 02:06 PM
Im a 25 yr old married male that doesnt go to college so I don't use facebook. I don't give a sh&@ about prior co-worker so I have no need for the others.
I'm with Alex, phones are the best.

RugerShooter
12-05-2008, 02:09 PM
Facebook here :2thumbs: Myspace sucks :nod:

bbennett
12-05-2008, 02:13 PM
Myspace is obviously the most popular one out there. Although I feel a little too old to be using it, in just the one month that I've had a profile, I can't believe how many old friends I've gotten in touch with.

DWayne27
12-05-2008, 02:21 PM
Im a 25 yr old married male that doesnt go to college so I don't use facebook. I don't give a sh&@ about prior co-worker so I have no need for the others.
I'm with Alex, phones are the best.

Thats the beauty of facebook- to be friends with the people you dont really care enough about to be real friends = facebook friends. You know, those people you remember but quite frankly, you wouldnt want to get together again with? I hate the fact that I am at a computer all day long so I have a facebook account and check it all the time, but when all there is on Bogley is political crap... gotta pass the time somehow

denaliguide
12-05-2008, 03:38 PM

i don't accept nusiance calls.

Udink
12-05-2008, 04:05 PM
I use Facebook and I really like it (here's a link to my profile (http://www.facebook.com/people/Dennis-Udink/1051343351)). I use it to keep in touch with some friends who live in Salt Lake/Utah counties and who I don't see often. I tried Myspace and Twitter and didn't really like either of them.

Scott Card
12-05-2008, 04:18 PM

:five:x2 I too use a phone. :2thumbs:

blueeyes
12-05-2008, 04:18 PM
I was deleted from Myspace, and I have no clue why. They said I violated a terms of service. I have no idea which one. I had been on there for 2 1/2 years used it to keep in touch with friends. So now I use Facebook. It is more interactive then Myspace. I like it.

KapitanSparrow
12-05-2008, 05:03 PM
Facebook but I'm afraid I will never learn all the damn options.

abirken
12-05-2008, 05:52 PM
I've been on Myspace for a very long time and I use it for my friends and family. I do understand the majority on Myspace are very young, but every person on my page is an adult? So maybe we are just immature adults? And if so, who cares......staying young at heart is ok by me. :) But then everyone started switching over to Facebook so I've ventured that way recently. It's like I have two sets of friends...some on FB, some on Myspaz. I like it because I can keep in touch with all of my out of town friends, look at their photos, and be nosey in general. All in all, I don't mind either one. :mrgreen:

abirken
12-05-2008, 05:54 PM

Yea the sending me flowers, fish, trees, snowballs and random quizzes is still something I don't get. But I just play along like I know what I am doing. :nod: :lol8:

RedMan
12-05-2008, 06:17 PM
Linked In is a great for work related stuff.
I keep track of about 500 people on Linked In.

If I want an intro to someone I don't know, I can
almost always find someone I have worked with in
the past to make the intro. I find it invaluable.

blueeyes
12-05-2008, 09:16 PM

Yea the sending me flowers, fish, trees, snowballs and random quizzes is still something I don't get. But I just play along like I know what I am doing. :nod: :lol8:

Here I thought you knew what you were doing. You keep sending me stuff and I am confused and trying to figure it out too. :lol8: You sent me a drink (thanks by the way) and in the process of trying to figure it out I accidently sent one to a friend who is whole heartedly LDS. OOPS! They didn't accept hooow ruuude. :roflol:

KapitanSparrow
12-05-2008, 09:24 PM
[You sent me a drink (thanks by the way) and in the process of trying to figure it out I accidently sent one to a friend who is whole heartedly LDS. OOPS! They didn't accept hooow ruuude. :roflol:

:roflol:

abirken
12-06-2008, 07:07 AM

Here I thought you knew what you were doing. You keep sending me stuff and I am confused and trying to figure it out too. :lol8: You sent me a drink (thanks by the way) and in the process of trying to figure it out I accidently sent one to a friend who is whole heartedly LDS. OOPS! They didn't accept hooow ruuude. :roflol:

:roflol: :roflol: :roflol: :roflol: :roflol: :roflol: :roflol: Now that's funny. Seriously I just send on what people send to me and I'm not sure why we are sending things? Like what's the purpose? Or is it seriously just that easy to waste time online. HAHA! DOn't worry, I'm almost drunk from all the drinks I get on FB. :roflol:

KapitanSparrow
12-06-2008, 07:14 AM
And my hatchings are never happy :ne_nau: I don't even know where to find them and feed them or whatever you do with them. :haha:

blueeyes
12-06-2008, 07:48 AM
FB is a great time waister!