PDA

View Full Version : I must have been a gooooood girl! Need ideas for St. George.

blueeyes
12-03-2008, 07:08 PM
Santa just called me and said he was booking me a 5 night stay in a two bedroom condo in St. George over Spring break (April 8-12). All I have to do is pay for food and gas to get there. Sweet!

It will just be me and my two kids. What do you all recommend we do down there. We like to hike, I am giving Spenc my old mt bike and plan on buying one for Sarah so we will have our bikes and would like to know if there are some family type trails that we could ride. And anything else that is fun and cheap, like good picnic areas, or water holes we can dip our toes in, splash and have fun. My kids are 12 and 9.

Santa is such and awesome guy!

Scout Master
12-03-2008, 09:45 PM

Thanks
I promise anything you do in Zion will be fun.

Bo_Beck
12-04-2008, 04:51 AM
Santa just called me and said he was booking me a 5 night stay in a two bedroom condo in St. George over Spring break (April 8-12). All I have to do is pay for food and gas to get there. Sweet!

It will just be me and my two kids. What do you all recommend we do down there. We like to hike, I am giving Spenc my old mt bike and plan on buying one for Sarah so we will have our bikes and would like to know if there are some family type trails that we could ride. And anything else that is fun and cheap, like good picnic areas, or water holes we can dip our toes in, splash and have fun. My kids are 12 and 9.

There are lots of great trails for biking, both paved and non-paved. Red Rock Cyclery and Bicycles Unlimited will have knowledgeable staff to help you choose great riding.

I'd say to stop by Outdoor Outlet to get some great local hiking beta, but, but, but, we won't BE as of Christmas :eek2:

I hope to have a new outdoor store open and running by then...Not sure of the name yet? How does "Desert Rat" sound? :ne_nau: Anyhow...we will be located on St. George Blvd and Bluff Street in the same complex as Hurst Ace Hardwear/ Ben Franklin. Stop by and I'd be glad to point you to some very good local hiking etc.

Bo.

abirken
12-04-2008, 04:59 AM
Well that just sounds like a great little get away Ms. Chere!! Wish it were closer for me, I'd meet ya there and toodle around some trails with you. Have fun whatever you do and if you stop by to see Bo, you will have the opportunity to meet one of the nicest men ever. :2thumbs:

Bo_Beck
12-04-2008, 05:15 AM
Well that just sounds like a great little get away Ms. Chere!! Wish it were closer for me, I'd meet ya there and toodle around some trails with you. Have fun whatever you do and if you stop by to see Bo, you will have the opportunity to meet one of the nicest men you've ever. :2thumbs:

Awww :feelgood: You need some more time off after that vacation of yours! Come on down why don't ya?! We need to get some new canyons in. Got to show you that I truly do have a left arm that works, at least it works better now than last time we hiked together! :five:

abirken
12-04-2008, 06:02 AM
Well that just sounds like a great little get away Ms. Chere!! Wish it were closer for me, I'd meet ya there and toodle around some trails with you. Have fun whatever you do and if you stop by to see Bo, you will have the opportunity to meet one of the nicest men you've ever. :2thumbs:

Awww :feelgood: You need some more time off after that vacation of yours! Come on down why don't ya?! We need to get some new canyons in. Got to show you that I truly do have a left arm that works, at least it works better now than last time we hiked together! :five:

Bo! Your name comes up so often when I talk about my trip down Pinecreek. If it weren't for you and Trackrunner, I'd probably not have made it. :2thumbs: That was one of the BEST TIMES I HAVE EVER HAD. You are seriously a rock......with a gimp arm or not. HEHE!! I don't think I can thank you enough for such an amazing adventure. Looking forward to doing many more hikes this next year!!! :2thumbs: :five: But yes, I wish I could make it down to St. George to meet up with Ms. Chere but she and I have some winter play to get planned. :mrgreen:

Bo_Beck
12-04-2008, 07:12 AM
Bo! Your name comes up so often when I talk about my trip down Pinecreek. If it weren't for you and Trackrunner, I'd probably not have made it. :2thumbs: That was one of the BEST TIMES I HAVE EVER HAD. You are seriously a rock......with a gimp arm or not. HEHE!! I don't think I can thank you enough for such an amazing adventure. Looking forward to doing many more hikes this next year!!! :2thumbs: :five: But yes, I wish I could make it down to St. George to meet up with Ms. Chere but she and I have some winter play to get planned. :mrgreen:

I must say that it was a joy to be in your company as well! You are a fun luvin' gal and thats what makes gettin out on adventures soooooo fun! Now...get those plans made and get 'SHREDDIN'! Be sure to watch out for those SNOW SNAKES (especially the peein' variety :haha: ).

Deathcricket
12-04-2008, 07:44 AM
1. Come by Deathcricket's home for dinner. Hopefully I'll be in town that week. My wife is a wonderful cook.

2. Zion is amazing, can't go wrong.

3. Snow canyon is not bad and 10 mins from St. George.

4. They just put in the coolest picnic park ever. It has the weirdest toys you will ever see. Pendulum swings, inverse sculpture objects that spin when the kids climb in them, 3 climbing walls, etc, etc. Most unique park I've seen in my life. Even the entrance has this weird suspension bridge through a tunnel. Just don't go on the weekend, it's usually packed with some birthday celebrations. http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&q=park+w+dr,+st+george,+ut&sll=37.095512,-113.615799&sspn=0.007548,0.013647&ie=UTF8&ll=37.097976,-113.615713&spn=0.007548,0.013647&z=16&iwloc=addr It's actually one block S of this location, but you won't miss it.

5. Biking. If you're taking the kids, I find they usually tend to like the paved trails. There is a list of them here. http://www.sgcity.org/pdf/Trails-Map-Lo.pdf If you want something more adventurous, my favorite is the bearclaw poppy loop trail. I think that's the name. I should pay more attention when I go every week. If you look, Sombeech has a couple pretty cool vids of him riding it. There are lots more, but I would just pull up the bike trail index from the members only section and it will list them all and difficulty.

6. Bloomington caves. 4th largest cave in Utah. Very easy to navigate, only one or 2 hard spots, no ropes, lotsa fun.

blueeyes
12-04-2008, 08:18 AM

Abirken I am sure if I batted my blue eyes at Santa I could get a three bedroom condo, you could bring your family down and we could go explore together. Now that would be fun!

blueeyes
12-04-2008, 08:40 AM

Thanks
I promise anything you do in Zion will be fun.

You are welcome! I need to bring my kids to see you. That would be fun.

blueeyes
12-04-2008, 08:45 AM
Bo I am sorry to hear about your store, but I will stop by your new one! Hey do you know the Braunbergers by any chance?

Deathcricket I sure hope you are in town when we come I would love to meet your wife and boy. Thanks for the tip about the park. We will check it out, my kids love unusual parks.

KapitanSparrow
12-04-2008, 10:06 AM
Nice little adventure you get to go on, Chere :2thumbs: Have fun!

I am planning to fly my mom in to Black Hills sometime in April, May, and do some site seeing :2thumbs:

Bo_Beck
12-05-2008, 04:52 AM
Bo I am sorry to hear about your store, but I will stop by your new one! Hey do you know the Braunbergers by any chance?

Well, quite a few years ago I used to hang out and climb with a group of friends and one of them was Michelle Braunberger. I don't remember her ex-husbands name? Michelle was a masseuese at the time and had 2 young "blond" hair "super-hyper" boys. I know Michelle had a home in Santa Clara and every year had some really fun parties at her home. I think she is working for the state or something now? Do you know Michelle? If so....please tell her hello for me!!!