PDA

View Full Version : Lady Mountain this Saturday

Bo_Beck
12-03-2008, 12:26 PM
Theres a group of 7 of us planning to hike to the top of Lady Mountain this saturday. If anyone would like to join us you'd sure be welcome to come along. We are meeting at 8AM at the Lodge and will begin shortly afterwards. It will be me, Tim, Mike, Andy, Terry, Larry and Jan. All of us from S.G./ Hurricane area.

Here is a link to the TR and photos.
http://www.zionnational-park.com/zion-lady-mountain.htm

I hope you can sneak away Shaun?

Bo

trackrunner
12-03-2008, 12:35 PM
I hope you can sneak away Shaun?

Bo

:frustrated: :frustrated: :frustrated: Me too

With gas now aproaching under $1.50 a gallon, I might ask if this can be my Christmas present and go this weekend. Was down last weekend visiting the in-laws. Got in an unbetaed canyon. :cool2:

trackrunner
12-03-2008, 09:27 PM
might be a go now, not 100% but looking better :cool2:

Bo_Beck
12-04-2008, 04:38 AM

That will be super 'bitchin' if you can make it Shaun! 8am at the Lodge Parking lot! Hit me sideband if theres anything I might be able to do to help out in decision making?! ;-)

trackrunner
12-05-2008, 07:58 AM

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

The baby is throwing up and sick. Doesn't look like I can make it now. :cry1:

Bo_Beck
12-07-2008, 05:43 AM

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

The kid is throwing up and sick. Doesn't look like I can make it now. :cry1:

I hope your child is feeling much better Shaun? Lady Mountain is still there and we'll get to it this spring!

There was a new rock slough about 1/3rd of the way up and it took out a very short section of the trail. Otherwise it was the same 'ole' Lady as usual! Beautiful day for sure, but we missed your company for sure. It was 35 Deg. when we started at 8AM and we were peeling layers by the time we got to the first rockband. The temps. were absolutely perfect, skies were clear and the company was great! Jan, Terry (Jans Dad), Chris (a chiro from Hurricane), Eric (retired from Zion NP), Andy (a retired friend whose wife is Brasilian like my wife) and myself were along for the hike. We had a truly great time and no injuries reported (except I tried to eat an Oak Bush and split my mouth open). Tim started the hike, but his diabetes and asthma cut his trek short on this day. He will be back though! Here are a few pictures to whet your apetite Shaun.

Win
12-07-2008, 07:32 AM
You could not have picked a nicer day, looks like everyone was having fun. Glad to see the left arm is OK.

Thanks for the pictures.

Win

tanya
12-07-2008, 08:28 AM
Very nice! Remember to do some new stuff once in a while though!

Bo_Beck
12-07-2008, 02:49 PM
Very nice! Remember to do some new stuff once in a while though!

It is new! A gimp shoulder makes the hike a totally new experience! :nod:

Bo_Beck
12-07-2008, 02:50 PM
You could not have picked a nicer day, looks like everyone was having fun. Glad to see the left arm is OK.

Thanks for the pictures.

Win

I sure wish you'd been there Win! It was a very pretty day!

trackrunner
12-07-2008, 07:22 PM
:cry1: :cry1: :cry1: and the weather was perfect :cry1: :cry1: :cry1:

I had a hard choice this or spend time in the dog house. . .

Was a very tough choice, so I stay home to help take care of the baby and I still end up in the dog house :ne_nau: :haha: