PDA

View Full Version : Thanksgiving Shoot Out

Sombeech
11-24-2008, 11:13 AM
My family has a tradition of shooting clay pigeons on Thanksgiving morning. I'm going to try the ol' camera mounted to the shotgun to see if it gets good footage. I'm wondering if the pigeons will be too far away to see the shot in the frame, as I'll try to keep the barrell in the frame too.

But anyways, anybody else going shooting?

BruteForce
11-24-2008, 04:14 PM
I promised my 10 year old I'd finally get him in the field to pursue duck and/or goose.

We've been practicing for the past few months (he got his blue card in December 2007), but we've not pursued live game yet.

I hope I don't get shot over the Thanksgiving holiday! :roll:

:naughty:

Edited to add: Where you going to shoot clays, Beech? I was going to borrow my brother-in-laws thrower and do some of that as well..

Sombeech
11-24-2008, 04:29 PM
My family has some property out west of Ogden that we always go to.

Mtnman1830
11-24-2008, 06:50 PM
I was thinking about getting my thrower out of my parent's garage and powdering some clays myself.

All I need to do is by a scatter gun.

JP
11-24-2008, 08:09 PM
My buddies brother is getting ready for his four month trek to Tahoe. He was thinking if he gets a deer and grinds up the meat, he'd be pretty much set on food while he's out there snowmobiling :mrgreen: So, that's what we'll be looking to do :haha:

REDFOX
11-24-2008, 08:53 PM
Just shot 3 boxes of clays and 4 pheasants on Saturday at a club. I actually shot a pheasant out of the air shooting 1 handed. I was holding my dads shotgun while he was puting a pheasant in the back of my vest when it flushed out. I only have witnesses and no pictures. That shotgun camera mount would have been awesome.

fourtycal
11-24-2008, 11:02 PM
Just shot 3 boxes of clays and 4 pheasants on Saturday at a club. I actually shot a pheasant out of the air shooting 1 handed. I was holding my dads shotgun while he was puting a pheasant in the back of my vest when it flushed out. I only have witnesses and no pictures. That shotgun camera mount would have been awesome.

:2thumbs: sweet!