PDA

View Full Version : Utah and the BCS

Iceaxe
11-24-2008, 08:52 AM
This is kinda interesting to follow.... several different BCS Bowl predictions all in one easy to find place....

http://gregdooley.com/archive%202003/1025BowlProjections.html

Looks like Utah vs Alabama in the Sugar Bowl or Utah vs Texas/USC in the Fiesta Bowl are the popular picks at the moment.

I think I'll start making some hotel reservations and cancel the ones I don't need, that is what I did in 2004 and it worked out sweet....

Hey Savanna.... give us the skinny on Nawlins' where would we want to stay and what would should be on the don't miss list? I'm thinking we would want to stay down in the French Quarter? Any recommendations?

:friday:

rockgremlin
11-24-2008, 10:06 AM
I think the Utes could beat USC, but they would get manhandled by either 'Bama or Texas.

Iceaxe
11-24-2008, 11:37 AM
Something else to think about.... last time the Utes went to the BCS their coaching staff was heavily poached. I think the same thing will happen again this year. You just know D coordinator Gary Anderson is high on a lot of school's wish list.... and he will probably end up taking several other coaches with him.

With what looks like the winner of the Big East and ACC heading for the Orange Bowl in a game few will care about it looks like Utah is going to get a quality opponent and will have their hands full with whomever they end up matched against.

:popcorn:

savanna3313
11-24-2008, 11:55 AM
This is kinda interesting to follow.... several different BCS Bowl predictions all in one easy to find place....

Looks like Utah vs Alabama in the Sugar Bowl or Utah vs Texas/USC in the Fiesta Bowl are the popular picks at the moment.

I think I'll start making some hotel reservations and cancel the ones I don't need, that is what I did in 2004 and it worked out sweet....

Hey Savanna.... give us the skinny on Nawlins' where would we want to stay and what would should be on the don't miss list? I'm thinking we would want to stay down in the French Quarter? Any recommendations?

Has Alabama secured the Sugar Bowl yet? If so, reservations will be hard to get! :nod: Staying in or around the French Quarter is the best if you want to enjoy the city and be close to the Super Dome. There are huge "chain" hotels like the Hyatt, Wyndham, etc., and local B & Bs like the Cornstalk Hotel (which is my preference because of the charm and ambience). For your delight Ice, there are bars and T & A places galore since Bourbon St runs 24/7. :bootyshake: There are so many restaurants that are good, it's hard to say which is better than another. The Quarter is pretty much a walking tour with the St. Louis Cathedral, Jackson Square, Pirate's Alley, etc....and don't forget to go to the Cafe DuMonde for coffee and beignets (think fancy scones w/powdered sugar) which is located at the Riverwalk (Mississippi River) where you look up to see ships passing by. I wouldn't walk around the Quarter late at night without a group especially on streets that are dark and empty. Not all of the restaurants are located in the Quarter or downtown and some of the biggest known places (like Brennan's) don't have the best food in my opinion and are just the touristy places.

Here are just a few for good local cuisine and most are in the Quarter:

NOLA
Court of Two Sisters (nice Cajun buffet and jazz brunches)
Felix's Oyster Bar (if you love seafood)
Central Grocery (for the famous Muffaletta Italian sandwich)
K-Paul's (Chef Paul Prudhomme's place - most likely need reservations but SOOO worth it)
New Orleans Food and Spirits (Bucktown area) specialty for appetizer is a seafood stuffed artichoke
Tony Angelo's (Bucktown area) the best Italian food in the city and NOT on the tourist list of places - make reservations
Cafe DuMonde fun place to "people" watch while you drink coffee and have beignets - right across from Jackson Square
Pat O'Brian's: Choose the piano, patio (my preference) or inside bar - a must stop for a tourist just to drink a Hurricane

You can walk the streets with a drink in your hand. Bourbon has the live music and adult type shows, Royal St for antiques and shopping. Take a tour of the Garden District (ante bellum homes) and the local cemetaries (there is actually a Voo-doo tour) :twisted: and check out the lakefront (Pontchartrain Lake) which is close to the Bucktown area and has a few good seafood restaurants as well.

Gosh.....now I am homesick. :roll: There are so many good places to eat and so many fun bars if you're looking to party (just make sure you don't mistake any of the gay bars for straight ones!) :lol8: Don't think that all of the pretty women you see are actually women (especially in the Quarter!) :eek2:

Just stay out of dark alleys, bring plenty of money and heartburn and hangover relief, and you should be fine. :2thumbs:

Iceaxe
11-24-2008, 12:21 PM
Has Alabama secured the Sugar Bowl yet? If so, reservations will be hard to get!

That's why I'm thinking make your reservations now and cancel the ones you don't need. And NO, bama does not have a birth yet.... I think the only team in for sure right now is Utah.... all the other for sures are tied to conference championships which have yet to be played. Nothing is set in stone until Dec 7.

If Utah plays in Tempe I'll probably go, if New Orleans I'd love to go but depends.... but it's always a good idea to have reservations.

Bourbon has the live music and adult type shows,

:2thumbs:

Royal St for antiques and shopping.

:roflol: I just don't see myself as the antiquing type. :roflol:

There are so many good places to eat and so many fun bars if you're looking to party (just make sure you don't mistake any of the gay bars for straight ones!) Don't think that all of the pretty women you see are actually women (especially in the Quarter!)

Hey.... gay bars can be a blast. :five:

One of the funnest drinking nights I ever had was when some of my wives gay friends took me to the local lesbian bar with them.... at the end of the evening they even made me an honorary lesbian. :mrgreen:

:rockon:

savanna3313
11-24-2008, 12:46 PM
.... at the end of the evening they even made me an honorary lesbian. :mrgreen:

:rockon:

Admit it.......you just enjoy the *challenge* aspect. :lol8:

:popcorn:

Iceaxe
11-24-2008, 12:56 PM
More like I'm a lesbian trapped in a man's body....

:five:

savanna3313
11-24-2008, 01:01 PM
More like I'm a lesbian trapped in a man's body....

:five:

my condolences........... :spruceup:

:haha:

Iceaxe
11-24-2008, 03:35 PM
Now back to our regularly scheduled programing.....

11/23/08
http://vmedia.rivals.com/uploads/1144/724751.jpg

trackrunner
11-24-2008, 04:33 PM

Looking at your link Ivan Maisel of ESPN has Utah in both the Sugar & Fiesta. Do we get double the pay out :ne_nau: Apperently he doesn't think USC should get a bowl

Iceaxe
11-24-2008, 05:26 PM
Rivals.com has this:

http://collegefootball.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=880737

Kent K25
11-24-2008, 08:37 PM
I just hope any of these predictions come true. Give them a powerhouse team so there are no excuses either way. They deserve a shot at a strong team.

Iceaxe
12-07-2008, 08:22 PM
Pour Some Sugar on Me!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iVxiHC9AJQw