PDA

View Full Version : A few more pictures from Jordan (Jarash) Ancient Roman city

KAH
11-24-2008, 07:30 AM
Looking at the modern city of Jarash from the ancient Roman city.

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j254/Kip57701/DSC01178.jpg

Columns

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j254/Kip57701/DSC01196.jpg

I think this was the entrance to a temple

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j254/Kip57701/DSC01192.jpg

Arabs playing Scottish bagpipes in a Roman theater in Jordan

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j254/Kip57701/DSC01169.jpg

blueeyes
11-24-2008, 07:59 AM
Nice pics, surely you have more then what you have posted. I like the pic of the columns and the one in the other thread of the temple.

Are you back? If you are WELCOME home!!!

KAH
11-24-2008, 02:05 PM
Nice pics, surely you have more then what you have posted. I like the pic of the columns and the one in the other thread of the temple.

I am, and thank you. It's good to be home.

I have other pictures, it just takes so long to load them. I'll load more later.

Where is the snow? I thought there'd be snow when I got back :ne_nau:

Scott Card
11-24-2008, 02:42 PM
I must say I was suprised to see Arabs playing drums and bagpipes and in a Roman theater. HUH??? That picture just doesn't make sense to me. I think I know why you took the photo. Now if they just had one of them moon walking it would be truly random. :haha: I would love to see all this in person some day. Nice stuff :2thumbs:

blueeyes
11-25-2008, 08:16 AM

I am, and thank you. It's good to be home.

I have other pictures, it just takes so long to load them. I'll load more later.

Where is the snow? I thought there'd be snow when I got back :ne_nau:

I don't know! I will lose a bet today if it doesn't snow. :lol8: It's coming, I promise..... soon..... I hope!

DiscGo
11-25-2008, 08:36 AM
Arabs playing Scottish bagpipes in a Roman theater in Jordan

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j254/Kip57701/DSC01169.jpg

Boy that is all sorts of culture. Thanks for posting your cool pics.

Ih8grvty
12-07-2008, 02:08 PM
You hit Jordan and these are the pics you brought back?
Please tell me you took a look and pics of Petra?
and brought back some Sheesha ?
I actually just got a rather good size bag of sheesha that my buddies mom and sister brought back from Jordan when they flew in to the states in November.
They fly back out to Jordan the 15th and he is going with them to pick up his wife. When he comes back here in January I got to have him bring me more of one of these unknown flavors!
a secret recipe, made at some sheesha bar and is simply house blend, and so much better than what i can buy in any brand, any flavor here at home.
I am a bit jealous of your trip, Petra or not, Iv seen tons of pics of Jordan, have stuff that he has brought me back and his family have brought me on visits here, offered me a room in the house for a month and guided tours of all I want to see and stuff I have no even exists.
Had I the money and the time to take off work, Id be gone in a heart beat.

KAH
12-10-2008, 04:53 AM
You hit Jordan and these are the pics you brought back?
Please tell me you took a look and pics of Petra?
and brought back some Sheesha ?
I actually just got a rather good size bag of sheesha that my buddies mom and sister brought back from Jordan when they flew in to the states in November.
They fly back out to Jordan the 15th and he is going with them to pick up his wife. When he comes back here in January I got to have him bring me more of one of these unknown flavors!
a secret recipe, made at some sheesha bar and is simply house blend, and so much better than what i can buy in any brand, any flavor here at home.
I am a bit jealous of your trip, Petra or not, Iv seen tons of pics of Jordan, have stuff that he has brought me back and his family have brought me on visits here, offered me a room in the house for a month and guided tours of all I want to see and stuff I have no even exists.
Had I the money and the time to take off work, Id be gone in a heart beat.

I took more pictures but at the time they I was posting, it was taking too long to load. I haven't had time to load more. I was there on a TDY and confined to base 99% of the time, so our time at Jerash and Petra was limited. I think we spent about 4 hours at each location. The rest of the time was on a tiny, dirty "compound".

Ih8grvty
12-10-2008, 06:31 PM
Well that my friend, is the shits.
Prolly missed out on the sheesha smoking too then, sooner or later I will make it to a bogley event, Ill bring my sheesha, and an assortment of the goo that goes in the bowl.
The only problem with this is that youl all be addicted to smokin da sheesha!

KAH
12-14-2008, 12:28 PM
Well that my friend, is the shits.
Prolly missed out on the sheesha smoking too then, sooner or later I will make it to a bogley event, Ill bring my sheesha, and an assortment of the goo that goes in the bowl.
The only problem with this is that youl all be addicted to smokin da sheesha!

Oh we smoked plenty of sheesha. I'm not a big fan, but ya know, don't want to offend the locals when it's offered. :mrgreen: