PDA

View Full Version : Local spelunkers map Main Drain, Utah

jumar
11-10-2008, 07:14 AM
http://www.cavediggers.com/Depth.pdf

[quote]Local spelunkers map Main Drain, Utah

Don
11-10-2008, 07:34 AM
Wow! Thanks for posting. Thats amazing. As much as I would love to see something like the narrows the author describes I would hate the section described where there was only a foot of air above water in a tunnel.
I remember that Brandon Kowalis guy from high school; he used to hang around with my little brother a lot. I saw him on a Discovery Channel caving documentary made somewhere in south america about a year ago too.

jman
11-15-2008, 04:47 PM
Wow! Thanks for posting. Thats amazing. As much as I would love to see something like the narrows the author describes I would hate the section described where there was only a foot of air above water in a tunnel.
I remember that Brandon Kowalis guy from high school; he used to hang around with my little brother a lot. I saw him on a Discovery Channel caving documentary made somewhere in south america about a year ago too.

Brandon did a lot of discovery caves in Southern Utah. In a geological survey, he published that just south of St. George he and friends/coworkers found and listed over 200+ caves/pits and of course they won't be published. But Brandon has done a LOT of work - its impressively amazing to map a cave - especially the infamous and confusing Bloomington Cave.

mills mania
11-17-2008, 01:45 PM
Thats absolutely amazing! I had no idea that there was anything like that around here! Sounds extremely interesting! Ill bet plenty of people would like to go there, especially people on this here bogley eh?

mills mania
11-17-2008, 01:50 PM
I feel another "journey to the center of the earth" coming on here! Only the real deal! Hope there aren't any ginormous lizards in there!

bigrockman
01-03-2009, 02:11 PM
I had the opportunity to do Main Drain Last year with Brandon. It was by far the hardest cave I have ever done!!!! Once we reached the bottom I realized I was exhausted and still had the hardest part of all to go through. The huge pits were amazing to descend, but torture getting out of! The narrows were amazing too, and it was a cool feeling to be canyoneering in a cave. You can check out our pics on my site. http://utahcaves.blogspot.com/search/label/Main%20Drain

accadacca
01-03-2009, 02:28 PM
Hi Spencer, Can you place a link to this section on your caving blog? Thanks. :2thumbs:

jumar
01-03-2009, 04:03 PM
Hi Spencer, Can you place a link to this section on your caving blog? Thanks. :2thumbs:
I thought we already did...
Yep it's on our list of caving links.

CarpeyBiggs
01-03-2009, 04:31 PM
:hail2thechief: :hail2thechief: :hail2thechief:

I'm speechless. :2thumbs:

accadacca
01-03-2009, 04:45 PM
I thought we already did...
Yep it's on our list of caving links.
Ah ha! Sorry my bad. I should have searched "bogley" on that page. Thanks guys. :five: