PDA

View Full Version : Tadpole Recumbent Tricycles

greyhair biker
11-02-2008, 01:14 PM
I just ordered in one of these badboys for a guy. I'm thinking about getting one for me in the spring for my roadtrips.

http://www.sunbicycles.com/sun/index.html

Anyone have one? I've ridden them several times & my brother has one. My recumbent is still running but I really like the stability and the understeering.

.......just noticed that the link takes you to the site but not directly to the bike. click on recumbents/tadpole-cx model.

Joe Gardner
11-03-2008, 10:35 AM
I'm not a fan of bents or trikes, but I can see the appeal to certain riders.

I would love to see how fast I can get moving in a windcheetah:
http://www.liegeradinfo.de/windchee.jpg

greyhair biker
11-23-2008, 02:33 PM
sorry it took me so long to get back to this one :ne_nau: After assembling this one I, of course, took it out on its maiden voyage...put about 10 miles on it and loved every second! I only got it up to about 15 -20 mph but a very stable ride. It seems to have good control at around that speed but I'd be careful with the disc brakes going that fast...they work very well! I took it on the flats as well as climbing hills and had no difficulty being able to gear down and maintain a good pace, although if you don't gear down before the climb it is hard to get back to a low gear - gotta anticipate the climb just like any other bike.
I have since added LOTS of gadgets to this customers' ride - the old guy loves it and has mirrors, lights front and rear, a compass bell, and has built a diamondplated aluminum luggage rack for the back...added a flag and a huge rear reflective caution sign...funny yes, but you can definitely see the guy wherever he goes in town....very cool stuff!
...I am definitely getting me one of these!

CarpeyBiggs
11-23-2008, 03:47 PM
who makes the best recumbent trike? I liked the terratrikes when I was looking seriously, but they are spendy.

greyhair biker
11-24-2008, 06:29 AM
I can do some info digging but there were many new recumbent trikes at Interbike this year ( abt a dozen). The brand I sell right now is SUN and they have three trikes ranging from around $1200 to $1700. That's not too bad considering most go for $ 2000 to $3000. I 'll post my findings.