PDA

View Full Version : Popular Outdoor website promotes littering!

asdf
10-31-2008, 02:54 PM
:2thumbs: :2thumbs:

http://www.bogley.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10164

http://www.bogley.com/forum/files/cimg1505__small_.jpg

BruteForce
10-31-2008, 03:02 PM
:fishing:

What's in the air this week?

:lame: + :nono2: = :gloom:

shlingdawg
10-31-2008, 03:39 PM
:deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse:

DiscGo
10-31-2008, 03:47 PM
Everyone probably knows that Summit and I are friends, but even if we weren't friends I would still stick up for him here. I think it is important that we remember to conserve nature and be clean in our outdoor manner.

I am a boy scout leader and I was telling my scouts the other night about Bogley, and I know I would be embarrassed for those boys to hear me talk about protecting nature to them, and then disregard it here. Anyway, Summit's tactic of re-displaying that picture may not be appreciated but I think it is a helpful reminder to all of us of our responsibility to keep things clean, and I believe his heart is in the right place.

James_B_Wads2000
10-31-2008, 03:57 PM
I would be a dead issue if Redus would just let people know where he blew this up. Even after multiple offers by people willing to go clean it for him. Reedus is a total attention-whore who changed his avatar just to rub it in that he feels he did nothing wrong and bears no responsibility to the mess, and that makes him a little bitch. :nod:

James

Reedus
10-31-2008, 04:12 PM
I already told Expult where it was at. If anybody cares to know, PM me. As for responsibility, already acknowledged I was out of line. Just to big of a puss and tight wad to spend the dineros to clean it up. More than game if someone has the equipment to giterdone.

Reedus
10-31-2008, 04:15 PM
One more thing before this lil' bitch signs out to go take the kids trick or treating, how does this thread remain in General and a stupid thread about the bailout get ousted into the political (aka rubbish bin) section?

RugerShooter
10-31-2008, 04:35 PM
:fishing:

What's in the air this week?

:lame: + :nono2: = :gloom:

No Shit, but it is damn funny

CarpeyBiggs
10-31-2008, 04:56 PM
I'm in for a cleanup. Does anyone have a flatbed trailer and some gear to cut this stuff up and get it loaded?

stefan
10-31-2008, 05:00 PM
One more thing before this lil' bitch signs out to go take the kids trick or treating, how does this thread remain in General and a stupid thread about the bailout get ousted into the political (aka rubbish bin) section?

i dunno reedus, maybe because the bailout is political ... and i wouldn't be surprised if this thread ends up in the Rubbish Bin at some point

BruteForce
10-31-2008, 05:10 PM
I'm in for a cleanup. Does anyone have a flatbed trailer and some gear to cut this stuff up and get it loaded?

I have a car hauler sized trailer. Probably not big enough to haul that much stuff, but if we got ~3 trailers that size, we might be able to clean it up.

I'd be in for helping out if others would join in.

Someone else buys beers, though! :haha:

Reedus
10-31-2008, 07:24 PM
I'll cover the beer, since I made the mess. As for cutting it up, I'm pretty sure you will need a cutting torch to cut up the frame if you go that route. You could tow it out of there, but all the tires are rotted it has been there for so long. Might be worth it to put some used wheels on it to get it moved, pile all the debris inside the halved trailer, secure it, and tow it to whereever you take shiz like that.

DiscGo
10-31-2008, 08:28 PM
I'd be in for a clean up.

JP
10-31-2008, 09:15 PM
Maybe not political, but does fit in in Environmental :haha: If the bashing keeps up, at least to the Rubbish Bin :mrgreen:

Sombeech
10-31-2008, 09:38 PM
Popular Outdoor website promotes littering!

Maybe I should put that image on the next batch of bogley shirts. :cool2: :cool2: :cool2:

Sombeech
10-31-2008, 09:44 PM
In fact, since this picture is so popular, it should be in the image bar. It's had more views than any photo up there, thanks to some people who keep it in their personal favorites. :2thumbs:

JP
10-31-2008, 09:57 PM
How about a bigger Giff image of it :mrgreen:

asdf
10-31-2008, 10:07 PM
Popular Outdoor website promotes littering!

Maybe I should put that image on the next batch of bogley shirts. :cool2: :cool2: :cool2:

you should beech, Please send it out in your monthly news letter.

For how much time and effort you and others spend on this forum you do love to shit on it on a regular basis.

Sombeech
10-31-2008, 10:17 PM
For how much time and effort you and others spend on this forum you do love to shit on it on a regular basis.

Thanks for coming back.

Was it just so you could dig that old thread up?

Reedus
11-01-2008, 06:16 AM
That is the same question I asked Summit42, and he denied it. Kinda like James with his hatred of anything LDS, he just can't leave it alone and let it die. Always gotta bring it back up and drag it through the mud again. :roll:

DiscGo
11-01-2008, 08:30 AM
I guess I feel like the difference there is that James seems to dislike Mormonism, and Summit loves the outdoors. So I feel like they are coming from very different places.

I really think that if we all worked together, or went for a hike together (whatever), we'd all really get along. I don't think we need to keep stirring up bad feelings between each other. It seems like nobody denies that blowing up this trailer in the outdoors was a mistake. Maybe we should just have a Bogley clean up day of the trailer and put it behind us.

James_B_Wads2000
11-01-2008, 09:17 AM
Kinda like James with his hatred of anything LDS, he just can't leave it alone and let it die.

http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t213/khc158/mormons.jpg

I already told Expult where it was at. If anybody cares to know, PM me. As for responsibility, already acknowledged I was out of line.

I take it all back. I did not know that you had told anyone. I am glad you took responsibility and I apologize for calling you a little bitch. I too would be willing to help out in any clean up effort.

James

TreeHugger
11-01-2008, 09:54 AM
I'd be willing to help depending on where and when.

shlingdawg
11-01-2008, 12:49 PM
As I said in the other post; I'm willing to head out and help clean this shit up. I will be around the 18 - 30 of November. I have an acetylene torch as well.

asdf
11-01-2008, 01:14 PM
Thanks for coming back.

Your Welcome!

That is the same question I asked Summit42 :roll:

and the answer is still that same. It had little to do with my hiatus.

I really think that if we all worked together, or went for a hike together (whatever), we'd all really get along. I don't think we need to keep stirring up bad feelings between each other.

I think your right on this one D.

As I said in the other post; I'm willing to head out and help clean this shit up.

I am also willing to pitch in labor and beer for the clean up.
Maybe we should get a keg.....

JP
11-01-2008, 03:34 PM
Maybe we should get a keg.....
Then nothing would get done :haha:

DiscGo
11-01-2008, 05:19 PM
I can go most any Saturday except November 22nd.

ExpUt
11-01-2008, 08:50 PM
...I take it all back. I did not know that you had told anyone. I am glad you took responsibility and I apologize for calling you a little bitch. I too would be willing to help out in any clean up effort.

James

He did in fact PM me with some directions to the site last week. Where it goes from here is up in the air. We (U4WDA) usually get the BLM to foot the bill for wreckers and dumpsters when we do a cleanup like this. However in this case given its likely proximity to private property, we need to get an exact coordinate so we can find out who's property it is. If its on BLM they will likely sponsor the dumpster/wrecker and have their LEO take care of the salvage paperwork. If not then really the private property owner needs to be contacted and make sure they are in the loop for any and all plans. I'm going to try and get out there sometime in the next week... but if someone else can get me an exact coordinate I can identify the land status pretty quickly.

fourtycal
11-01-2008, 08:55 PM
I'm in for the get together. Were blowing stuff up right? :haha:
I have flatbed trailer(car hauler), chains, binders, straps, sawzall with metal cutting blades, cutting torches (probably won't need them with the sawzall) and cordless impact to help take apart whatever needs. I can probably go weekend after Thanksgiving too.

Reedus
11-01-2008, 09:43 PM
I could probably make a run out there tomorrow and get exact coordiantes and an update on the mess and what it might entail to get it cleaned. Keep ya posted

Reedus
11-02-2008, 04:18 PM
Too much rain today. Muddy as hell when it gets wet out there. Try again if and when it dries out a bit

scoutabout
11-03-2008, 07:15 PM
We know who's responsible, let them pay for restitution. It would've been easier to clean-up before it was demolished. If it's on private property I hope the land owner pursues criminal charges. You're an idiot.

Sombeech
11-03-2008, 09:41 PM
http://photos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-sf2p/v81/44/106/37704728/n37704728_31601874_2774.jpg