PDA

View Full Version : Ruger LCP recall

RugerShooter
10-30-2008, 06:38 AM
I just got an email from Ruger, it looks like they are recalling the LCP, Here is the link to there page

http://www.ruger.com/LCPRecall/index.html

fourtycal
10-30-2008, 07:28 AM
That sucks, I just checked my pocket :haha: and sure enough my lcp is in the serial number range. I'll be pissed if it comes back with a harder trigger.

Thanks for the heads up, I doubt I would have heard about this otherwise. :2thumbs:

RugerShooter
10-30-2008, 07:34 AM
YW, I just got the Email this morning at knew a couple people here bought one so wanted to spread the word.

At least you will get a free magazine with the fingergrip extension for free.

I don't have mine with me since I don't have my CCW yet but I am sure its in the range everybody that I know that has there's on them fits the range. And they were all bought within a week of each other at the same store.

LOAH
11-30-2008, 03:22 AM
The retrofit involves installation of an upgraded hammer mechanism at no charge to the customer.

...Or a microstamp to help track you down. (Ahhnold was trying to make microstamps mandatory on the firing pins of all handguns in CA...don't know how that played out.)

IT'S A CONSPIRACY, MAN!!!

Okay, maybe not. I still wouldn't send mine in if I had one. Plus it will be worth more $ in the future if it's all original.

RugerShooter
12-01-2008, 05:36 PM
Loah, despite your CONSPIRACY theory, I sent my LCP back today. Now in about 2 weeks I will have her back. :2thumbs:

Rev. Coyote
12-03-2008, 11:45 AM
LOL plastic pistols

RugerShooter
12-04-2008, 04:40 PM
LOL plastic pistols

Which is what makes it so easy to carry in your pocket, lightweight & compact. (which is whre the name comes from Lightweight Compact Pistol) :2thumbs:

fourtycal
12-31-2008, 04:22 PM
Got Elsie back today with a new mag and LCP hat :2thumbs:
Trigger feels the same if not a tiny bit smoother :cool2:

RugerShooter
12-31-2008, 05:38 PM
Got Elsie back today with a new mag and LCP hat :2thumbs:
Trigger feels the same if not a tiny bit smoother :cool2:

I have mine back to they had her for 3 weeks, I also had a problem with the frame pins walking. I ended up getting the hat and 2 mags with the finger extension. If you want a forum that has great info on the LCP check out
http://elsiepeaforum.com/forum/index.php