PDA

View Full Version : Henrys Lake

packfish
10-29-2008, 09:55 AM
I will try and post pictures when I get them. If you get a chance before it closes- get up there. Phenomenal fishing for large cutthroats. I did very well with a fly rod but there were some guys near me in a boat fishing worms that probably caught at least 40 fish in the 3 hours I was near them. I saw multiple times that they had 3 fish on at once. It was cold- 17 degrees at 8 am . Calm on Friday and 30 mph winds on Sat. But well worth the time.

LOAH
10-29-2008, 06:23 PM
Worms are the trick, eh? Is that even legal there? Harvest? I've tried to get some information on it (you'd think it would be everywhere online), but Idaho has a ton of different pamphlets and brochures for specific areas and whatnot, it seems.

I'm glad you did well. I've never fished it, but if harvest is legal, I might be interested in going someday. Fighting a giant hybrid might be enough bait to get me there anyway.

Thanks for the report.

shlingdawg
10-31-2008, 10:31 AM
I've fished it a few times - usually right after the opener. Sounds like it's much better this time of year.

Catching some of those hybrids is a kick. They look more like footballs than fish. :nod:

packfish
11-03-2008, 06:23 AM
Henrys is a fish with anything you want t lake- 2 fish daily limit.