PDA

View Full Version : BOYCOTT WELLS FARGO!!!! (UPDATE)

rockgremlin
10-27-2008, 12:17 PM
Ever since we moved into our new house in Green River, we have been receiving phone calls from Wells Fargo collections department, looking for a Mr. Clyde Nash. Apparently, Clyde Nash used this same phone number before we got it assigned to us, and Wells Fargo still hasn't gotten the memo.

Wells Fargo calls us about 1-2 times a week, and every time we tell them Clyde Nash doesn't live here, we don't know who he is, never met the guy, etc...we have endured this for going on 6 months now, and lately the phone calls have taken a drastic turn for the worse. Instead of being cordial, courteous and polite, now we have resorted to obscenities, name-calling, and screaming. These people won't stop, and they're driving us crazy!!!! I have tried talking to supervisors, supervisors of supervisors, and nothing works with these people. We are now considering filing lawsuit for harassment charges, but my question is at what point does their non-stop calling fall under the category of harassment? Who can we call to make it stop?

The next time they call I am tempted to masquerade as Clyde Nash and then tell them to go f*** off, and the only way they'll see their money is if they come on up here and pry it out of my cold dead fingers.

RugerShooter
10-27-2008, 12:22 PM
Tell them last time you heard "Clyde Nash" was doing 5-life in prison :2thumbs:

JP
10-27-2008, 12:36 PM
Hey, if they haven't got the message by now...it's time to start playing with them :haha: Don't swear and get all angry, be creative :haha:

Sort of like this guy and Telemarketers :haha:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=un_PjRXV5l8

Share and we can all get a laugh :lol8:

KapitanSparrow
10-27-2008, 12:39 PM
If you haven't already, do send them something in writing via certified mail. That way you will have something to document the problem. And cc it to a bunch of people, like your state assembly member or senator.

Mtnman1830
10-27-2008, 12:42 PM
A few ideas---

Next time they call for Mr. Nash, start crying and say that he just passed away yesterday...

Call the Better Business Bureau....

Last Child
10-27-2008, 12:43 PM
Sounds like it's time to get Gephardt. :haha:

blueeyes
10-27-2008, 01:03 PM
I use to work in a lawerys office for a Bonneville Collections. They can't do that it is illegal to harass you like that.

Next time they call get the account number if you can for the person they are calling about, and an address to send payment to. Next ask to speak to a supervisor if you can (most likely you will just get put on hold and get the same guy or the person next to him) Tell them that you are not the person they are trying to collect from and if they call again you will report them to the Federal Trade Commision.

Now send a letter to the address they just gave you with the guys account number requesting that your number be removed from this account. And at the same time send one to the federal trade commision let them know you already sent the letter.

Here is a link to an example letter. It is more for the person being collected from but you can reword it to fit your situation.

http://www.ucan.org/money/banking_finance_credit_cards/stop_debt_collector_harassment

Hopefully that stops the problem. But they are not suppose to use derogitory language at all.

I HATE WELLS FARGO!!! Have since mid 90's.

erial
10-27-2008, 01:15 PM
Information About Wells Fargo at 800-211-1435
There are several websites that focus on reports of scam phone calls.

A search on this number turns up reports that say this is

The links below go to pages on these other websites were you can read reports about the scams associated with this phone number (Wells Fargo at 800-211-1435):

1800Notes
WhoCalled.us
WhoCallsMe.com

May not actually be Wells Fargo. You could run the number thru the Whocalled. us site. We still get calls from a collection agency for Joe Stevens who apparently had our number before we moved to NC four plus years ago. The rest of the nation may be bombarded with Joe the Plumber robo calls. We get the Joe the Deadbeat ones.

rockgremlin
10-27-2008, 01:52 PM
Wow! Thanks guys for the responses/suggestions.

I think I'll mess with them for a while, and then get serious and contact the Trade Commission as BluEyes suggested.

Stay tuned...

greyhair biker
10-28-2008, 10:29 AM
Wow...sorry to hear about that Rock. That name sounds like a family that has been here in GR for years. probably still is.
Mess with their head and then get the FTC involved :2thumbs:

Mooseman70
10-28-2008, 02:33 PM
It it is truly Wells Fargo calling, then you can file a beef against them with the Federal Trade Commission.

Go here for info: https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov/

Good luck!

rockgremlin
12-22-2008, 09:55 AM
Just an update on this....I know you're all riveted.

So the last time Wells Fargo called the convo went something like this:

WF: Yes I'm looking for Clyde Nash please.

me: This is Clyde Nash

WF: Clyde, we've been trying to contact you for a while regarding a loan you took out with us back in August.

me: Do you have my file in front of you?

WF: Yes, why?

me: OK, please tell me what my address is according to your file?

WF: We have you down as currently living in St. Louis, Missouri sir.

(at this point I know I can say pretty much anything and get away with it. If they decide to get uppity and send someone physically to Clyde's address - it will be to Missouri, NOT my house in Wyoming)

me: OK, I assume you are calling me about collecting on late payments?

WF: Yes we have a few issues we need to work through...

me: Can you please tell me how much the loan is for, and what it was for?

WF: You took out a $12,000 loan in August for a Chevy Silverado sir.

me: OK, here's what I want you to do. IF YOU WANT YOUR MONEY, YOU CAN COME DOWN HERE AND PRY IT OUT OF MY COLD.....DEAD....FINGERS!!!!!

WF: <a good ten seconds worth of complete silence>

me: Hello?

WF: Yes I'm here sir.

me: Did you hear me? I said IF YOU WANT YOUR MONEY, YOU CAN COME DOWN HERE AND PRY IT OUT OF MY COLD.....DEAD....FINGERS!!!!!

WF: Yes I heard you the first time sir, but why would you say something like that? Are you Clyde Nash?

me: What difference would it make if I was Clyde Nash? Even if I wasn't, you people would keep calling me.

WF: I'm sorry, I think I have the wrong #.

me: No WAIT! Let's just say for the sake of argument that I am not Clyde Nash, then what?

WF: Well, I would take your name off our calling list sir.

me: Bullshit. That's what everyone has been telling us for the past 6 months, and it hasn't made an ounce of difference.

WF: Umm...I must have the wrong number, I'm sorry sir.....<click>

That was almost two months ago......and they haven't called back since.

I guess the lesson learned here is that sometimes being polite and having good phone manners doesn't work. Sometimes complete and utter ridiculousness and brashness is the only effective method when dealing with these types.

Sombeech
12-22-2008, 12:48 PM
:roflol: Nice.

The only thing you were missing was the camcorder and the phone on speaker. You've gotta get that audio if they ever call back. :lol8:

JP
12-22-2008, 02:02 PM
That's awesome :haha:

RedMan
12-22-2008, 03:18 PM
Back when Telemarketers made us all crazy my brother use to answer the phone with "Hello" and let them introduce themselves, then "Wachya wearin...?" as sleazily as he could.

If they inquired what he meant the game was on and he would go into a whole diatribe about his tutu and high heals, makeup and try to compare wardrobe notes with them.

Most just hung up after determining they had a complete madman on the phone.

CarpeyBiggs
12-22-2008, 03:20 PM
classic rock... :roflol:

Don
12-22-2008, 03:23 PM
Sucks that you resolved this before I noticed the thread. I'm sure I could come up with a couple of people's numbers you could have given them as Clyde Nash's new number... :naughty:

Canyonbug
12-22-2008, 08:24 PM
Nice Rock! Awesome.

I had a similar situation a couple of months ago with a Telemarketer who wanted me to purchase something. They called for about a week straight and after politely telling them everyday that I wasn't interested and to put my name on their do not call list I finally yelled at the next one to call and told him I was reporting them to the FTC. He told me I didn't need to be so rude and I could have just asked to be put on the do not call list. I explicitly told him I already asked that several times and they are still calling me. Haven't heard from them again.

So yeah, sometimes mean guys get things done.