PDA

View Full Version : web album's for video?

moab mark
10-15-2008, 07:54 PM
I have started shooting more video and I was wondering if someone knows of a program for putting video out on the web like picasa does for digital pics that is private not public? I am using a roxio program to get my videos into my pc, now want to be able to send them. I think roxio has a service for a fee but I would prefer free. Any suggestions?
Thanks
Mark

Sombeech
10-15-2008, 08:05 PM
well, you can mark any video private on many sites like youtube and such. You can just invite the viewer by specific email.

If you're just wanting to send the video to them, you can use file transfer services, like www.transferbigfiles.com

otherwise, you can just make it public, and don't use keywords that people would use to search for videos.

Such as... name your video oejw or something random that wouldn't come up in searches.

The problem with making it private, is that your audience may have to log in a certain way to view it, and for beginner users, that's oh so komfusing.

accadacca
10-15-2008, 08:06 PM
I thought picasa does certain types of video formats. I know that flickr does video now and of course youtube and google video. All have private functions.