PDA

View Full Version : LOL Exercise

accadacca
10-14-2008, 07:55 AM
Your employer might be trying to get you in shape like mine so their insurance rates stay in check. I have signs like this all over my building. I thought this one on the elevator was interesting. :haha:

KapitanSparrow
10-14-2008, 08:01 AM
Acca, next thing you know they will double your deductible and out of pocket and make you earn "health credits": -$200 of your deductible and OOP if you don't smoke or quit smoking, -$200 for good blood pressure, -$200 for correct % of body fat, -$300 for good cholesterol :haha: Laugh if you want but that is the latest trend among health insurers :2thumbs:

Rev. Coyote
10-14-2008, 01:55 PM
Seems like a good trend. With over half of the poulation heavy and unhealthy, this might provide some incentive. Plus, it would take some of the unfair burden off those people who stay in shape. One of the reasons we have a health care "crisis" in this country is because people are woefully out of shape.

Felicia
10-14-2008, 07:04 PM
I get $50.00 each year for not smoking.

skianddive
10-14-2008, 07:44 PM
Acca, next thing you know they will double your deductible and out of pocket and make you earn "health credits": -$200 of your deductible and OOP if you don't smoke or quit smoking, -$200 for good blood pressure, -$200 for correct % of body fat, -$300 for good cholesterol :haha: Laugh if you want but that is the latest trend among health insurers :2thumbs:
Seems to me that this could be a very dangerous trend, particularly for those ailments that we have no control over (i.e. people can control whether they smoke or not).

What about people predisposed to high cholesterol or high blood pressure? Or being overweight? Or obesity? Or heart disease?

What about people/families who cannot afford to eat healthy and must buy whatever their budgets or food stamps allow? What about people who live in areas that have questionable air and where the incidence of respiratory ailments is higher?

We're getting very close to being able to map an individual's complete genome. Will this lead to higher insurance based on your genes? Could this result in unaffordable insurance for the great unwashed masses and lead to their early death before procreating, thereby resulting in a society of

greyhair biker
10-14-2008, 07:57 PM
We get the 'health credits' at work too but they come in incentives to be healthy, to work out regularly, to not smoke or chew, etc. We earn 'points' that add up once a year and they are given a dollar amount to go towards all kinds of gear & toys. Consequently, I work out nearly 6 days a week...what can I say... I like to be fit and I like toys :haha: . I can't really complain too much about my insurance this year. they've paid ALOT of my medical expences...that bloody bikewreck was
e x p e n s i v e! :eek2: ...and they have had me on full paid medical leave....absolutely NO complaints there!

skianddive
10-14-2008, 08:11 PM
We get the 'health credits' at work too but they come in incentives to be healthy, to work out regularly,...
How do they track whether you work out regularly? Cameras in the gym? RFID device inserted under your skin? Bluetooth pulsemeter and/or heart rate monitor? :haha:

Shades of Big Brother !!!! :lol8:

greyhair biker
10-15-2008, 07:58 AM
We get the 'health credits' at work too but they come in incentives to be healthy, to work out regularly,...
How do they track whether you work out regularly? Cameras in the gym? RFID device inserted under your skin? Bluetooth pulsemeter and/or heart rate monitor? :haha:

Shades of Big Brother !!!! :lol8:
:haha: they actually let us fill out our own paperwork - daily checklist & each activity is given a point value...month by month it adds up until you can use the points as cash....gift certificates, workout gear, etc.
....remember the 'honor system'? apparently it still works :mrgreen:

skianddive
10-15-2008, 09:25 AM
:lol8:
http://www.comics.com/comics/rudypark/archive/images/rudypark2733690081013.gif

http://www.comics.com/comics/rudypark/archive/images/rudypark2036684081014.gif

http://www.comics.com/comics/rudypark/archive/images/rudypark2002445681015.gif