PDA

View Full Version : Resize & upload your pictures - VIDEO

Sombeech
10-13-2008, 12:24 PM
Hey, this is a tutorial I made for the School District, I figured most/all of you could use it as well.

http://blog.weber.k12.ut.us/jumcfarland/2008/10/13/image-resizer-for-windows-xp/

shlingdawg
10-13-2008, 12:36 PM
That beats the hell out of using Paint's "Stretch/Skew" function to resize pics.

:nod:

Sombeech
10-13-2008, 01:25 PM
That beats the hell out of using Paint's "Stretch/Skew" function to resize pics.

:nod:

Fo sho. I use it everytime.

Deathcricket
10-13-2008, 06:13 PM
I like the layout of yer blog man, very nice.

KapitanSparrow
10-13-2008, 06:42 PM
Thanks Beech. I'm tired of loading up Photoshop each time I want to resize a photo. :2thumbs:

fourtycal
10-13-2008, 06:46 PM
friggin sweet! Thanks man :five:

Sombeech
10-13-2008, 10:07 PM
Thanks Beech. I'm tired of loading up Photoshop each time I want to resize a photo. :2thumbs:

You're welcome. Yeah, there are a few programs out there where you can batch edit/resize, but this one requires nothing to be opened or loaded. Very quick and simple.

RugerShooter
10-14-2008, 06:10 AM
I use this all the time, if I remember right you are the one that showed me this one :2thumbs:

BruteForce
10-14-2008, 06:13 AM
The PowerToy Image resizer is located directly from the link below.

Your work for the school district, Beech?

Click Me! (http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/Downloads/powertoys/Xppowertoys.mspx)

JP
10-14-2008, 07:07 AM
Ahh, Photobucket does it for ya..if not IrfanView works wonders :haha:

skianddive
10-14-2008, 08:43 AM
Your rough estimate for file size reduction was off quite a bit. You said the original photo was 20x larger than the one resized to "large", but it was actually only ~14x.

Don't you just love having your nits picked???? :haha:

shlingdawg
10-14-2008, 08:50 AM
Your rough estimate for file size reduction was off quite a bit. You said the original photo was 20x larger than the one resized to "large", but it was actually only ~14x.

Don't you just love having your nits picked???? :haha:

I was wondering who was going to be the first knitpicker to spend the energy to make the correction.

:popcorn:

Just remember, he's the computer tech guy, not the math teacher. :five:

skianddive
10-14-2008, 09:17 AM
Just remember, he's the computer tech guy, not the math teacher. :five:
I'm also a computer tech kinda guy, and I made my initial estimate by multiplying 18 (180KB) by 20 (20x) and came up with 360 (3.6MB), but since the size of the original file was 2.6MB, I knew the 20x estimate was off by 1.0MB.

Beech deserves every bit of nit picking we can give him! :lol8:

Sombeech
10-14-2008, 08:31 PM
Hey, it was on the fly, the camera was rolling. I forgot to carry the 1.

KapitanSparrow
10-14-2008, 08:36 PM
That's what you get for helping people out, heh. Last winter this Mexican guy asked me to help jump start his car and I, being raised with Christian values, agreed. Next thing I know I open my hood and the windshield fluid tubes are so frozen that they break off. The guy got his car started but I was left with replacing damn tubing. Help your fellow man my ass!

accadacca
10-14-2008, 08:38 PM
That's what you get for helping people out, heh. Last winter this Mexican guy asked me to help jump start his car and I, being raised with Christian values, agreed. Next thing I know I open my hood and the windshield fluid tubes are so frozen that they break off. The guy got his car started but I was left with replacing damn tubing. Help your fellow man my ass!
:lol8: :lol8: :lol8:

skianddive
10-14-2008, 08:56 PM
Last winter this Mexican guy asked me to help jump start his car and I, being raised with Christian values, agreed. Next thing I know I open my hood and the windshield fluid tubes are so frozen that they break off. The guy got his car started but I was left with replacing damn tubing. Help your fellow man my ass!
Kudos to you for helping the guy. That's why I also carry ass-kicking jumper cables in my car.

But....I was raised in the oh so cold north country known as Chicago, and I never had my tubes freeze. Why? They sold windshield wiper fluid that was good to -20F via the addition of some high percentage of alcohol.

Don't they have the same stuff there in Utah? Or are you also restricted to 3.2 windshield wiper fluid? :haha:

Jaxx
10-15-2008, 08:42 AM
But....I was raised in the oh so cold north country known as Chicago, and I never had my tubes freeze. Why? They sold windshield wiper fluid that was good to -20F via the addition of some high percentage of alcohol.

Don't they have the same stuff there in Utah? Or are you also restricted to 3.2 windshield wiper fluid? :haha:

I tried some of that crap and almost ran my car off the road. It was really greasy and just smeared all over the windshield. I got home and drained it and replaced it with the regular stuff.

My guess is they were just old and brittle and the cold compounded the already fragile tube.

KapitanSparrow
10-15-2008, 09:03 AM
Yep, they were old and brittle and it was very, very cold outside. Nevertheless, the moral of the story is that you don't help people.

skianddive
10-15-2008, 09:07 AM
I tried some of that crap and almost ran my car off the road. It was really greasy and just smeared all over the windshield. I got home and drained it and replaced it with the regular stuff.
Sounds like the stuff you used may have had the wrong kind of alcohol, like the variety that is used for the radiator. The antifreeze windshield wiper fluid is standard operating procedure in the cold country, and it works great.

And you really need a good antifreeze fluid with all of the salt that ends up on your windshield from the icy/snowy roads.

And people wonder why I know live in SoCal. :haha: