PDA

View Full Version : Paiute Trail conditions and invite

nelsonccc
10-13-2008, 11:05 AM
Paiute Trail 01 from Circleville into Beaver and back and the 01 from Circleville to Kosharem and back.

I've been on both of these trails several times during the summer, but never this late in the year. A few of us are looking to come up from Vegas and hit these trails again on October 25th and 26th. Anyone have any solid info on the conditions? Lots of mud? Maybe even some snow? Anyone else ride the trail this late in the year?

Any of you Utah boys want to join us? We'll come up Friday night and camp just south of Circleville. Ride the Kooshorem trail on Saturday (120 miles), hitting as much hard trail as possible. Then on Sunday we'll hit the 01 to the 05 into Beaver. Then the trail back up to the 01 and back into Circleville (96 miles). We'll be on dirt bikes but we've ridden in the past with guys on 4wheelers, just lots of waiting for their slow asses.

Reedus
10-14-2008, 06:47 AM

BruteForce
10-14-2008, 06:51 AM
Good chance of snow when heading toward Big John Flat en route to Beaver.

I hit that area last year mid-to-late October and the fog (cloud cover) was so thick, we had less than 5' of visibility. We hit snow (falling) while up there and got into a whitewash scenario.

As I understand it, at present most of the snow has melted - but in 1-2 weeks that could change at 10,000+ foot elevation.

Good luck with the riding. Should be splendid if you can cross the gate.

RedMan
10-19-2008, 01:41 PM
The best source for current trail info is ww.atvutah.com forums.

nelsonccc
10-19-2008, 08:50 PM
Thanks.

BruteForce
10-19-2008, 10:17 PM
I just came back from riding that area. We hit plenty of standing snow above 9800' feet. The 606 Trail from Joe Lott was passable but had a fair amount of snow.

Above Marysvale toward Big John Flat (10.5' feet) there was quite a bit of snow.

If you're going to hit these trails, do it now before the next storm.

I have photos that I'll upload tommorow (Monday) of our ride from the San Rafael Swell to the Paiute.

We stayed at Hoovers/Winkleman's Cabins.

JP
10-19-2008, 11:43 PM
Please keep that white stuff for at least two and a half more months :haha:

nelsonccc
10-20-2008, 05:22 PM
I just came back from riding that area. We hit plenty of standing snow above 9800' feet. The 606 Trail from Joe Lott was passable but had a fair amount of snow.

Above Marysvale toward Big John Flat (10.5' feet) there was quite a bit of snow.

If you're going to hit these trails, do it now before the next storm.

I have photos that I'll upload tommorow (Monday) of our ride from the San Rafael Swell to the Paiute.

We stayed at Hoovers/Winkleman's Cabins.

The plan right now for Friday is to come out of Circleville on the 01 to the 05 down into Beaver. Then take the 68 to the 67 to the 88 and back to the 01 and down into Circleville. We've found after many forays up there that this is by far the most technical trail for dirtbikes. So We'll never get up over 9,500 ft. Sometimes we'll hit the 26 and come back to the 05 on the 01. Hopefully we're down out of alot of the white stuff.

On saturday we'll be alot more casual and we'll hit the 01 going east out of Circleville to the 54 to the 53 to the 33 and down into Koosharem. Then come back on the 01 to the 89 and 01 back to Circlville. We should have three dirt bikes and a couple on 4 wheelers.

Should be a ton of fun.

BruteForce
10-20-2008, 05:53 PM
As long as you stay below ~9500', you should just encounter mud, slush and dirt. Have fun! I was hoping to do the route from Hoovers to Beaver, but we just ran out of time.

Please provide a Trip Report after you're done.

nelsonccc
10-26-2008, 07:22 PM
As long as you stay below ~9500', you should just encounter mud, slush and dirt. Have fun! I was hoping to do the route from Hoovers to Beaver, but we just ran out of time.

Please provide a Trip Report after you're done.

Posted a TR over in the motorcycles section.