PDA

View Full Version : This Thursday at Brewviews: Hand Cut - 9pm

Joe Gardner
10-12-2008, 12:31 PM
http://www.sweetgrass-productions.com/
http://www.brewvies.com/

Whos up for another ski film? Tickets are only $8.

blueeyes
10-12-2008, 02:24 PM
i would love to by my kids have dryland training on thursdays, gotta get those little legs ready for skiing.

Joe Gardner
10-13-2008, 11:07 AM
What do your kids to for dryland training?

blueeyes
10-13-2008, 08:17 PM
they condition them... run up and down hills .... hop over sticks laying on the ground with feet together to simulate skiing kinda... have those balance boards... work on stregnthing the core..... have boxes that they hop onto and off of. they train twice a week until thanksgiving and then start on snow training a couple weeks after that just on saturdays

the team is broken into different levels... right now mine are just on the devo team.

both my kids this year will be on snowbasins ski team. this is spencers 3rd year and sarahs first

they race.. and have fun.... i just have them on the team so they become good skiers... my son can out ski me now and that is awsome...but really not that hard to do

its our big family activity

Joe Gardner
10-13-2008, 08:57 PM
Very cool, I wish I got into skiing that young! It amazes me to see how young some of these kids are on the slopes.

blueeyes
10-13-2008, 09:04 PM
both mine started when they were 4 ... same as me... however my family quit skiing when i was 8 and i didnt get to go again until i could save the cash .... i hope to keep mine skiing.... i love watching them, they have so much fun

blueeyes
10-13-2008, 09:16 PM
so i just put you and heather (who posted about snowshoeing together)

i like the pics on your site

do you guys ski up at snowbasin much?

Joe Gardner
10-13-2008, 09:46 PM
Brighton only, cheapest mid-week season pass around! Looking forward to another 60+ day season this year. :)

blueeyes
10-14-2008, 04:53 AM
i bought 5 passes to brighton this season, trying to branch out and get some new experiences

i have only skied powder, wolfmountain, snowbasin and grand targee (once)

when i go to brighton it will be during the week, maybe you guys can show me around...

stefan
10-14-2008, 06:25 AM
any skier absolutely must enjoy the blessed and historical slopes of alta

blueeyes
10-14-2008, 06:47 AM
i would love to...just need someone to show me around

accadacca
10-14-2008, 08:03 AM
We did a few bogley ski/board nights last year at Brighton. Watch for those soon. Fourtycal and company head them up in SLC. Blasted cold one time last year. :cold:

Now that I think of it I also went to a few with beech up north too at wolf mtn.

Jaxx
10-14-2008, 09:48 AM
any skier absolutely must enjoy the blessed and historical slopes of alta

QFT :2thumbs: