blueeyes
10-06-2008, 10:28 PM
Thursday October 23rd

@

Takashi's
18 W Market St
Salt Lake City, UT 84101

Here's a link to a map:

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&q=takashi+salt+lake+city&oe=UTF-8&ie=UTF8&cd=1&safe=on&ll=40.767542,-111.891546&spn=0.032503,0.054932&z=14

as for the time to meet

if we want reservations we have to be seated by 5:30

i am not inviting Meet in SLC this time...so that we have a smaller group

it would be next to impossible for me too make it by 5:30 so some from SL would have to get there and keep the reservation.

if we just show up we could sit where seating is available... it might not be crazy busy on a thursday night and we would be split into smaller groups

so what are the opinions and who wants to go?

KapitanSparrow
10-07-2008, 06:37 AM
I'm in unless I come down with a cold or some other crap. I think if more folks agree to 5:30 we can keep the reservation, if not, then we will deal with it on the spot.

Mtnman1830
10-07-2008, 06:42 AM
My first experience was a great one, and I would like to be put down on the "maybe' list.

All depends if I can get off work for a few hours.

Cirrus2000
10-07-2008, 08:29 AM
I'm in - but you know that!

Lunch in Moab, dinner in SLC - I can make 5:30.

:2thumbs:

Gutpiler_Utahn
10-07-2008, 02:56 PM
I'm in this go around. :2thumbs:

Sombeech
10-07-2008, 08:52 PM
Dang... I'm going out of town that night for my anniversary. Sorry again folks.

abirken
10-07-2008, 09:16 PM
I sure would like to join you. :2thumbs:

blueeyes
10-07-2008, 09:20 PM

I would sure like you to join too! There needs to be a balance of estrogen.

abirken
10-07-2008, 09:21 PM

I would sure like you to join too! There needs to be a balance of estrogen.

And I am 100% estrogen......HAHA!! Going to look at my schedule and see if I can make it work. :2thumbs:

Sombeech
10-07-2008, 09:24 PM

On my anniversary? Well, that'd be cool. I'll ask my wife. It beats the same ol' same ol' I guess.

blueeyes
10-07-2008, 09:28 PM

On my anniversary? Well, that'd be cool. I'll ask my wife. It beats the same ol' same ol' I guess.

sorry beech Alison is coming to see me... she's mine :naughty:

Sombeech
10-07-2008, 09:31 PM

sorry beech Alison is coming to see me... she's mine :naughty:

AWESOMENESSITY

abirken
10-07-2008, 09:32 PM

sorry beech Alison is coming to see me... she's mine :naughty: :naughty:

Bo_Beck
10-08-2008, 07:16 AM
dang! makes me wish i lived closer by! i'll just have to run to harmons after work on thursday, get some sushi, hit the liquor store for some sierra nevada pale ale, and wait for some pictures to pop up on this thread so i can join you!

accadacca
10-08-2008, 03:49 PM
dang! makes me wish i lived closer by! i'll just have to run to harmons after work on thursday, get some sushi, hit the liquor store for some sierra nevada pale ale, and wait for some pictures to pop up on this thread so i can join you!
:lol8: :lol8: :lol8:

I am putting it on my calendar. Although my month is extremely busy. Have to see how it goes. :ne_nau:

Don
10-08-2008, 09:09 PM
I think I will be able to make this. I'm looking forward to it. Anyone thinking about a bar afterward?

KapitanSparrow
10-08-2008, 09:18 PM
I think I will be able to make this. I'm looking forward to it. Anyone thinking about a bar afterward?

I am considering it, although I should be working on Friday, although I can call in sick, heh.

abirken
10-08-2008, 09:22 PM
If I show up there is no option BUT to go to the bar afterwards. :lol8: Because this is how I roll. :roflol:

JP
10-08-2008, 09:44 PM
Alcoholics :lol8:

http://th276.photobucket.com/albums/kk12/sedatedwoman/th_2emk1md.gif

KapitanSparrow
10-08-2008, 09:49 PM
I just don't know what is this guying doing bumping his bumm against Alison!

I mean the second picture, heh.

accadacca
10-08-2008, 09:51 PM
I just don't know what is this guying doing bumping his bumm against Alison!

I mean the second picture, heh.
Sponsored by bogley. :haha:

abirken
10-08-2008, 09:52 PM
Alcoholics :lol8:

http://th276.photobucket.com/albums/kk12/sedatedwoman/th_2emk1md.gif

I prefer the term BOOZE BAG. :nod:

JP
10-08-2008, 09:56 PM
I'll see if I can find a Smilie of that :mrgreen:

Cirrus2000
10-10-2008, 09:36 PM
Depends where I'm camping that night...

:2thumbs: :cheers:

Deathcricket
10-15-2008, 10:24 PM
This is only 11 mins from the airport??? *does a little creative flight layover action* Viola! You may now count the cricket of death as "in".

Looking forward to meeting you guys, sounds like fun. Hot saki and sushi, doesn't get any better than that. Oh yeah, here's my flight info in case anyone wants to share a taxi *cough* abirkin *cough*. See you guys there! Woot!

Thu, Oct 23 1:35 PM - 4:01 PM Chicago, IL (ORD) to
Salt Lake City, UT (SLC)

Delta Airlines Operated by Sky West Airlines

Flight 4014
9:00 PM - 10:22 PM Salt Lake City, UT (SLC) to
Saint George, UT (SGU)

Delta Airlines Operated by Sky West Airlines

Flight 7775

blueeyes
10-16-2008, 05:31 AM
Deathcriket thanks for reminding that i need to do a last roll call and make reservations.

All going:

Deathcricket
Cirrus
Kapitan
Don
Me
Gutpiler

Maybe:

Mtnman1830

Abirken are you coming for reals?? Please!!! I need at least one more female present, or I am going to be in way over my head. LOL!

Greyhair you said you might be able to make it at the last sushi fest... are you coming?

Anyone else?

I am going to make reservations for the maximum number i think that is 12. right now we have for sure 6 people coming. I can always reduce the reservation if we dont have more come.

The time will be 5:30PM at Takashi's

KapitanSparrow
10-16-2008, 06:11 AM
Good news Death!

I feel we really could use some sushi emoticons :mrgreen:

JP
10-16-2008, 06:18 AM
http://www.2dvalley.com/smilies/smilies/icon_fish.gif

KapitanSparrow
10-16-2008, 06:22 AM
http://www.2dvalley.com/smilies/smilies/icon_fish.gif

That's a start, heh. Yellowtail ?

abirken
10-16-2008, 07:17 AM
Oh yeah, here's my flight info in case anyone wants to share a taxi *cough* abirkin *cough*. See you guys there! Woot!

HAHA! I'll check on flights now. If not, I may see about driving out and spending the weekend. :2thumbs: :popcorn:

abirken
10-16-2008, 07:18 AM
Deathcriket thanks for reminding that i need to do a last roll call and make reservations.

All going:

Deathcricket
Cirrus
Kapitan
Don
Me
Gutpiler

Maybe:

Mtnman1830

Abirken are you coming for reals?? Please!!! I need at least one more

I may. I can't believe how fast this is approaching. I need to look at my options. You still have a couch I can crash on? :haha:

blueeyes
10-16-2008, 07:23 AM
I may. I can't believe how fast this is approaching. I need to look at my options. You still have a couch I can crash on?

Yes! and margaritas of course.... welcome to stay the weekend if you want.

Mtnman1830
10-16-2008, 03:29 PM
I will put in a request for time off tonight. I has come faster than I thought!

Don
10-16-2008, 03:44 PM
Josh and I will both be there. Add him to your list.

blueeyes
10-16-2008, 03:56 PM
Josh and I will both be there. Add him to your list.

consider it so

I will put in a request for time off tonight. I has come faster than I thought!

it caught me off gaurd too, just glad cricket said something, ya all are going to have to fire me as hostess

Don
10-16-2008, 05:44 PM
Anyone down for seeing a movie afterward? W and Religulous will both be playing at the Broadway that night. (W at 7 and 9:30, Religulous at 7:30 and 9:45.) Neither of these is even playing in the happy valley so I was thinking I might as well see one while in SLC anyway.

If not interested in the movie idea, maybe a bar or club?

Anyone?

KapitanSparrow
10-16-2008, 06:08 PM
Don, I think a few of us expressed desire to head to a bar afterwards. Although I don't know how fun it will be since I gotta drive back home, heh.

Mtnman1830
10-17-2008, 05:09 AM
Don't think I will be making it....

Best thing is if I show up, I will be there.

Unless you need a definate answer...

greyhair biker
10-17-2008, 09:07 AM
Well count me in - :mrgreen: My doctors' appt. is early afternoon and you know the UofU...they are not a timely bunch. I am always there at least 2 hours :roll: . I will do my best to make it! :2thumbs:

Cirrus2000
10-17-2008, 10:00 AM
I'll be there if my BRAND FREAKIN' NEW transmission gets me there.

Tranny died on the road between Zion & Las Vegas. Seriously died. I've been stuck here for 3 days. As of this afternoon, I'll be $2600 (plus tax) poorer, but mobile again. At least I managed to get the family on their flight back to Vancouver OK.

Looking forward to drowning my sorrows in hot sake...

:frustrated:

Cirrus2000
10-17-2008, 10:02 AM
Forgot to mention (I'm a little distracted right now): Really looking forward to it! Nice flight work, deathcricket!

BTW, any suggestions on close tenting spots? I'm kind of on a budget right now... :haha:

Win
10-17-2008, 10:37 AM
Kev, what a bummer. Glad you got them on the flight. I just sent you a PM.

Win

James_B_Wads2000
10-17-2008, 01:53 PM
You may now count the cricket of death as "in".

Thu, Oct 23 1:35 PM - 4:01 PM Chicago, IL (ORD) to
Salt Lake City, UT (SLC)

Hey the Cricket is going to be there! That

Cirrus2000
10-17-2008, 07:40 PM
Put me down as a maybe.

Cool - this is looking like a good gathering. Hope you can make it, James!

C'mon abirken - ya know ya wanna!!!

:2thumbs:

abirken
10-17-2008, 08:51 PM
I'll be there if my BRAND FREAKIN' NEW transmission gets me there.

Tranny died on the road between Zion & Las Vegas. Seriously died.
Looking forward to drowning my sorrows in hot sake...

:frustrated:

THAT JUST BLOWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I feel for ya. Hope you can get back on the road pronto and make the rest of your road trip memorable. :2thumbs: I'm going to see about making it to the Sushi fest. It'd be a ton of fun and I'd get to meet a whole other handful of you fabulous Bogley folks. I'll keep ya posted. :five:

TreeHugger
10-19-2008, 07:48 PM
I'll be there, but only for an hour or so, I have a class at 7:15.

greyhair biker
10-19-2008, 08:45 PM
I'll be there, but only for an hour or so, I have a class at 7:15.
:2thumbs: cool - finally get to meet you face to face :five:

Deathcricket
10-19-2008, 10:17 PM
You may now count the cricket of death as "in".

[quote]Thu, Oct 23 1:35 PM - 4:01 PM Chicago, IL (ORD) to
Salt Lake City, UT (SLC)

Hey the Cricket is going to be there! That

blueeyes
10-20-2008, 04:28 PM
All going:

Deathcricket
Cirrus
Kapitan
Don
Josh
Me
Tanya (my friend from Ogden)
Gutpiler
Greyhairbiker
James
Treehugger
Abirken are you coming?

Maybe:

Mtnman1830

Ok we are full! Reservations are for 5:30PM she said she wouldn

Deathcricket
10-20-2008, 04:50 PM
I will be there at 5:29 with James, no problem. The funny thing is we will be leaving the airport at 5:30, but his Prius goes faster than the speed of light. So we will actually arrive at our destination one minute earlier than we left. Crazy huh!
:haha:

Seriously though we will be there on time

Cirrus2000
10-20-2008, 04:58 PM
I'm sure I can make 5:30 - just a hop skip and a jump from Moab, right? I'll be there by then!

Don
10-20-2008, 05:09 PM
I'll be there at 5:30. Can't speak for Josh but he's coming from the U so he has no excuses for being late.

KapitanSparrow
10-20-2008, 05:24 PM
When is it? Just kidding. I should be there 5:30

blueeyes
10-22-2008, 05:03 AM
Just a friendly reminder that the Sushi-fest 2 is tomorrow night.

For those interested in doing something after dinner, next door to Takashi's is a nice little Martini bar or if you head west, cross the street and go south just a bit Poplar Street Pub has some pool tables and good beer, or Port'O Calls isn't too far. Tanya and I should be able to stick around for a bit, but have to get home at a decent hour because my babies have school the next morning.

See you all tomorrow!

KapitanSparrow
10-22-2008, 05:56 AM
Thanks for the reminder Blueeyes. Otherwise I would wake up from this afternoon's nap around six and be scared out of my mind that i forgot about it, again.

greyhair biker
10-22-2008, 10:49 AM
Not good news...I can't make it. Apparently my doctor needs his neck bolts tightened and cancelled his clinic day - rescheduled me for next week & my furnace contractor will be coming thursday too so I am screwed :frustrated:

TreeHugger
10-22-2008, 03:47 PM
Not good news...I can't make it. Apparently my doctor needs his neck bolts tightened and cancelled his clinic day - rescheduled me for next week & my furnace contractor will be coming thursday too so I am screwed :frustrated:

Ah, man, I was looking forward to meeting the infamous Greyhair Biker!! That's too bad, perhaps next time! :-)

greyhair biker
10-22-2008, 06:28 PM

Ah, man, I was looking forward to meeting the infamous Greyhair Biker!! That's too bad, perhaps next time! :-)
looking forward to it :2thumbs:

Gutpiler_Utahn
10-22-2008, 06:46 PM
I'm out too. Had some unseen bills pop up and I'm flat broke until sometime in 2012. :roll: Maybe next time. :ne_nau:

Cirrus2000
10-22-2008, 10:48 PM
That's too bad, dropouts! Another time...

Got together for dinner last night and a hike today with Richard Barron - very nice time. Looking forward to meeting more!

Because of the chill going on :cold: I'm going to be departing early for home, immediately after dinner (or perhaps one weeeee beverage after...). I'll probably drive to Twin Falls after this event, so no late night for me. :nono:

Don
10-22-2008, 11:12 PM
I work in uniform (Draper) and don't plan to go home (American Fork) after work so I just finished packing some going out clothes to change into. Looking forward to it!

KapitanSparrow
10-23-2008, 10:25 AM
I am so sorry but I can't go. It's busy season at work and I just got flooded with work. I need to revise a lot of documents :ne_nau: But there will be more Sushi Fests, right?

blueeyes
10-23-2008, 11:52 AM
I am so sorry but I can't go. It's busy season at work and I just got flooded with work. I need to revise a lot of documents :ne_nau: But there will be more Sushi Fests, right?

:sad: Work sucks! Maybe you can catch up with us for a beer.

I sure hope we have more sushi fests! We can also go other places for dinner... McDonalds for those of us starting to feel financially pinched, or Hooters for those of us who like chicken wings.. AZ is to far right now for a Heart Attack maybe in the spring. OR whereever!

KapitanSparrow
10-23-2008, 12:30 PM
Maybe. Right now I am in the "happy" mode where I laugh and smile and joke around. That's how my mind deals with stress, heh.

blueeyes
10-23-2008, 01:48 PM
Shoot Tanya is out ... she has the gumboo and sounds horrible.

I think that makes 7 of us.

See the rest of you there.

Kapitan this song is for you.... "Don't worry, be happy....

Don
10-23-2008, 02:35 PM
Josh is out too. He had a bad tooth pulled yesterday afternoon and still hoped to make it but says he can't really chew and doesn't think the booze would mix well with the pain meds.
I'll still be there.

James_B_Wads2000
10-23-2008, 03:49 PM
I am on my way to pick up Deathcricket up from the airport. I can't wait to get there, I am hungry.

James

James_B_Wads2000
10-23-2008, 08:20 PM
I just got back and I had an awesome time with some great people. Just a couple of the many

blueeyes
10-23-2008, 08:28 PM
That was exactly what the doctor ordered!

Simply scrumptious sushi, good conversation and fantastic company.

I failed Bogley... I left my camera at home. I's so maaaaad at myself. :frustrated: Cirrus trekked all the way back to his car and retrieved his camera only to turn it on and discover he had drained the batteries on the Arches earlier in the morning.

In attendance was Cirrus, Treehugger, Don, Deathcricket, James and Me.

Tree had to leave early for her ski conditioning class. After we were done eating the rest of us got the hint from waiting staff that the table was needed and moved next door to Christof's and enjoyed more conversation and fantastic company. Don entertained us with Utah's rich history.

I must say I almost backed out tonight... I was tired and had a million things on my list to do. I am sooo glad I went, I feel relaxed, happy and had a really good time.

Thanks Guys!!

PS. I did manage to get some pics on my cell, I will see if I can post them tomorrow.

I forgot the best part THANKS JAMES!! for the drink at Christof's. You really are a nice guy. :nod: Love your posts on here!

abirken
10-23-2008, 08:47 PM
Sounds like you guys had a fabulous time!!! Once again another Bogley event passes me right by. But I swear the next one (possibly a Bogley snowfest???) is going down on the calendar. I made it to Noobfest and Bogley- night-out so I still feel a kindred connection. I was with ya'll in spirit. :haha: :lol8:

KapitanSparrow
10-23-2008, 09:22 PM
All I can say is :frustrated: ... don't worry, be happy... Chere' we need another thread about Sushi Fest #3 or else Bogley Thanksgiving. Any thoughts folks?

Deathcricket
10-23-2008, 10:39 PM
Haaa!! Ya bunch of hippy sushi eatin freaks!! Actually I had a blast. Was very nice to meet each one of you. Thanks for going easy on me being the minority "libertarian" there. I was actually expecting to get slammed but you guys didn't even probe or start a single argument with me.

Don: Was awesome hearing about your experiences in Iraq and your history lessons on the Mormons. I'm seriously impressed with your knowledge on the subject. You also have a great personality and are very easy going. You have a great outlook on life and I really enjoyed hearing your stories tonight.

BlueEyes: Damn girl, you are gorgeous and have the personality to back it up. Thanks for drinking Sake with me the entire night. I noticed we also ordered matching martini's, LOL. Glad to see your fingers are healed up (almost). No more biking alone down treacherous hills ok? So weird you don't remember the event. That part would bug me more than anything I think. As the master planner of the event I wanted to thank you for putting this together. Who would have thought a bunch of random people I met on the internet would be so much fun?

Treehugger: Glad you could make it for the short time you stopped by. You totally got the hang of the chopsticks and I'm proud of ya. I really loved hearing about your biking stories with foreigners, too friggin funny. Hope your ski conditioning class went well. Sounds like fun.

James: Picking me up from the airport and dropping me back off?? The least I can do is buy ya dinner, seriously. You saved me so much trouble with taxis and all that I really appreciate it. That is above and beyond normal, man. I don't know that I'll be able to argue with you, with the same ferocity, now that I know you're a really cool guy though. So in a way, I'm saddened by putting a nice face to my most bitter rival and polar opposite politically. Hopefully my memory is short and things will go back to normal on monday. :) For the record I've never wanted to punch you in the face, even though that waterfall pic bugs.

Cirrus2000: Wow dude! I have to agree with James about you being my favorite Canadian.. well next to Georges St pierre ok? You have seriously been doing an amazing trip visiting Utah and surrounding areas. Have to admit I'm a little jealous. All I do is work my ass off, lol. Someday I hope to do half the stuff you've managed to accomplish in a month, at least once a year. Sorry you didn't like the sake. Next time we'll get some plum sake or flavored stuff and ease ya into it a bit. I'll get you hooked on it like me and blueeyes, not to worry.

My only regret is I didn't get a chance to meet abirken. *sigh* If only that had happened my life would have been complete and I could die a happy man. Oh well, next life I guess.

James_B_Wads2000
10-23-2008, 11:31 PM
For the record I've never wanted to punch you in the face, even though that waterfall pic bugs.

You mean this one? :haha:
http://uutah.com/forum/files/18__medium__164.jpg

James

Cirrus2000
10-24-2008, 12:58 AM
AAAACK!!!!! That's the one! Bleach - must get bleach for the eyeballs!

Thanks all - that was a great time! Really enjoyed the company, the food, the conversation. The sake - well, I'll try it again another time; see if I'm in the mood for it...

The folks above have pretty much said it all - you were a great, entertaining bunch! Really glad I drove 3500 miles to get there! (OK, it was a bit roundabout, but still - worth the trip!)

Unfortunately, treehugger left before the cellphone cameras came out, but here are my pics... Sorry they're a little crappy, but it was a little dim, and the iPhone could really use a flash.

Don parsing the bill:
http://kev.cirruswebsolutions.ca/uutah/img_0056.jpg

deathcricket doing... um, I'm not sure:
http://kev.cirruswebsolutions.ca/uutah/img_0057.jpg

James_blah_blah_blah reacts to having the duct tape ripped away:
http://kev.cirruswebsolutions.ca/uutah/img_0058.jpg

blueeyessmiling whips out her phone (taking naughty photos of the flower?):
http://kev.cirruswebsolutions.ca/uutah/img_0059.jpg

blueeyessmiling works the table:
http://kev.cirruswebsolutions.ca/uutah/img_0061.jpg

http://kev.cirruswebsolutions.ca/uutah/img_0062.jpg

http://kev.cirruswebsolutions.ca/uutah/img_0063.jpg

http://kev.cirruswebsolutions.ca/uutah/img_0064.jpg
(I sense a slight wrinkling of the nose - perhaps I should have showered after hiking up to Delicate Arch this morning?)

Sorry to have missed out on meeting those who couldn't make it. Hopefully, another time!

KapitanSparrow
10-24-2008, 07:00 AM
Looked like wonderful fun :2thumbs:

abirken
10-24-2008, 07:03 AM
Well Ms. Chere......I have one word for ya. 'JEALOUS' You were surrounded by a group of good looking guys!! I guess every woman has to feel like a queen every now and then. HEHE!!! LOVE the photos you all. Looks like a really fun time. :nod:

blueeyes
10-24-2008, 07:16 AM
You should be JEALOUS! They were a dam good looking group of intelligent men, what girl wouldn't make the rounds to get her photo with all of them.

I missed you and Kapitan, and I would sure like to meet more of the Bogley clan.

Last Child
10-24-2008, 08:14 AM
Definitely looks and sounds like a good time. MMMMM sushi. :slobber:

Blueeyes...you are a babe. What a gorgeous smile you have!

LOAH
10-24-2008, 06:23 PM
Sounds like fun. Unfortunately, I already blew all my sushi money on my anniversary dinner the night before.

Bogley fishing trip, anyone? LOL

I'd really be down for that one.

TreeHugger
10-24-2008, 07:55 PM
Finally got back on since the Sushi Fest! Had a great time although it was way too quick for me, I would have loved sticking around to talk more and share more laughs. I AM proud to report, however, that I did not barf up my sushi while running stairs!
Great to meet Deathcricket and Don and great to see James, Kevin and Chere again! Looking forward to the next get together!!

Peace!
karen

Don
10-24-2008, 08:01 PM
Last attendee to post? I too had a great time. Chere was the only one there I had met before (nice to see you again) everyone else was new to me. Great to meet you all!
Wish we were all doing it again tonight because I am bored out of my mind right now. It's almost funny that I have a weekend evening without my son here (rare) and nothing to do.
I'll either drink here and watch the SciFi channel all night or wander down to the Big Easy and see if any army buddies are around and play pool...

greyhair biker
10-25-2008, 07:55 AM
WOW - sounds like I missed a great time (dammit).
BTW, I'm up for sushi on the 30th if anyones up to it... :mrgreen: