PDA

View Full Version : Trip Report Labyrinth & Stillwater Canyons - Green River

mroy
10-05-2008, 06:48 PM
The time finally came to go on a super long trip. This was one of my most complicated trips to plan, logistically speaking, but that's not saying much. Most of my trips are really simple to put together. The plan was to do 10 days on the Green River between the city of Green River, and the Confluence of the Green and Colorado River

denaliguide
10-06-2008, 01:45 AM
beautiful trip. great pic's. i think your pelican might be a blue heron though. thanks for sharing.

mroy
10-06-2008, 07:23 AM
beautiful trip. great pic's. i think your pelican might be a blue heron though. thanks for sharing.

I sincerely apologize to any ornithologists out there. I don't know why I typed pelican instead of heron, however it's fixed now. I'll blame the beer. Thanks for alerting me to it.

James_B_Wads2000
10-06-2008, 07:33 AM
Epic trip Mike! Looks like it was one hell of a good time. 10 days in the wild sounds like Heaven to me.

James

accadacca
10-06-2008, 10:25 AM
Looks like a great time mroy. Thanks for posting it up. :2thumbs:

Sombeech
10-06-2008, 04:17 PM
:2thumbs:

This is que'd up to be featured on the home page

mroy
10-06-2008, 05:30 PM
:2thumbs:

This is que'd up to be featured on the home page

Sweetness! :rockon:

gringorio
10-06-2008, 05:30 PM
Hey mroy,

Great report and awesome photos - thank you! What camera do you use? Ravens ... you're right, have to watch them. They've unscrewed the lids of our water jugs before - smart birds...

Again, thanks for sharing such a great trip! :2thumbs:

greg

mroy
10-06-2008, 05:48 PM
Hey mroy,

Great report and awesome photos - thank you! What camera do you use? Ravens ... you're right, have to watch them. They've unscrewed the lids of our water jugs before - smart birds...

Again, thanks for sharing such a great trip! :2thumbs:

greg

I use a Canon S5IS w/ a conversion lens adapter so I can attach filters. I use the CHDK hack to take RAW photos, and if I can, take 3 shots on a tripod, one f-stop apart to merge into a HDR. With the CRW (Canon RAW) files CHDK makes, you have to convert them to DNG (digital negative) before you open them in Photoshop. It seriously eats up a SD card, but I like the extra image data that RAW captures. I'm still learning the ins and outs of working with digital files in this way, but it's cool.