PDA

View Full Version : Boy, 7, breaks into a zoo, kills, feeds animals to a crock

KapitanSparrow
10-03-2008, 07:23 AM
[quote=Foxnews]
SYDNEY, Australia

devo_stevo
10-03-2008, 07:32 AM
Wow. This is exactly why blank faced children should be put out of there misery at a very young age. Stop them before they can commit this sort of atrocity. :nod:

JP
10-03-2008, 08:07 AM
Already a serial killer or at that age would he be a cereal killer :lol8:

blueeyes
10-03-2008, 08:27 AM
mental illness..... sexually abused....ignored....physically abused

i feel bad for him, i can only imagine the life he has had to this point that would drive him over the top like that

JP
10-03-2008, 08:36 AM
Some people can genuinely be, bad people. Since this tot has already manifested in this type of disturbing behavior, hopefully the family doesn't get in the way of his much needed help and chalk it up to "He's only a kid".

Scott Card
10-03-2008, 09:04 AM
Some people can genuinely be, bad people. Since this tot has already manifested in this type of disturbing behavior, hopefully the family doesn't get in the way of his much needed help and chalk it up to "He's only a kid".Careful now, it is these kinds of parents who hire me. :lol8: After they hire me then I, in all my political correctness, tell the kid he is punk and the parents that they are enabling the punk's bad behavior and to knock it off. :2thumbs:

KapitanSparrow
10-03-2008, 09:20 AM
It could also be the video games :nono:

catch22
10-03-2008, 10:55 AM
It could also be the video games :nono:

or Marilyn Manson...yes I'm kidding.

I really can't think of a better solution that hanging him from a crane over the crock pit for a while just out of reach, might scare him straight.

LOAH
10-03-2008, 05:34 PM

i feel bad for him, i can only imagine the life he has had to this point that would drive him over the top like that

Umm...I think you are imagining.

Wow. I can't believe how people automatically blame anything but the culprit for such heinous acts.

The kid's a shit. Plain and simple.

Feel bad for him?

That's ridiculous. Sorry, blueeyes.

I like the crane/croc idea though. That just may work. Hang his folks over the croc as well, while we're at it. 3 birds with one crane. :2thumbs:

blueeyes
10-04-2008, 06:57 PM
guess it is my belief that kids are born into this world innocent and for a child to do such a disturbing act, something went terribly wrong in there up bringing or mental illness

my god he is 7

i know kids can be bad but that kind of behavior is disturbing

LOAH
10-04-2008, 09:53 PM
Wrong. Kids are only innocent until they're 2. :haha: Okay I'm kidding there.

Seriously though, how could you automatically assume mental illness, sexual abuse, ignored, etc.

That's like listening to those kooks on the nature programs (which I thoroughly enjoy...the programs, that is) who assume they know what the animal they're observing is thinking.

Sure, it's possible that any of those things could have happened, but you don't know that from any of the information given. I find it a little disturbing myself that you would come up with that as a first reaction...

blueeyes
10-04-2008, 10:29 PM
its my first reaction because i dont want to believe that a child would do such a horrible thing for no reason at all

i dont want to believe a normal human being could be that cruel

if you find that disturbing.... i dont know what to say

LOAH
10-05-2008, 03:32 AM
i dont want to believe a normal human being could be that cruel

if you find that disturbing.... i dont know what to say

...Just sounds like it would have to be on your mind already for it to be your initial reaction. That's what sounds disturbing to me.

its my first reaction because i dont want to believe that a child would do such a horrible thing for no reason at all

I don't want to believe the government would lie to its citizens. That doesn't mean it doesn't happen.

Ever heard of little kids frying ants with a mag. glass? Perfectly normal "boys will be boys" behavior, I would think. Perhaps this little kid just couldn't draw the line between little cruelty and big cruelty. It's all cruelty, just the same, right?

I just found it a little off-base to make such an assumption without any background information to lead you to that conclusion.

I'm in no way defending the little turd. I would agree that something went wrong somewhere in his upbringing, but to speculate the specifics is fluff.

Who knows? Maybe the kid's Dad or brothers like to bury kittens' bodies and run over their heads with lawnmowers. :ne_nau: (Sorry. Too graphic, maybe.)

Then again, it would be silly for me to assume that without any kind of background information or any real knowledge of the family at all.

See what I'm saying?

LOAH
10-05-2008, 03:57 AM
Okay, I just re-read the quoted article and, based only on what was reported, here's a logical assessment of the possible reasoning behind this child's actions:

The article mentions that the boy is a local, yes?

Children are typically fond of zoos/animal refuges, yes?

It wouldn't be a stretch to assume that the boy, as a local to the area, had previously visited this park (possibly several times or more).

It also would be likely that the boy had been present during a public demonstration of feeding the crocodiles, since that tends to be a tourist draw for such parks. (People like to witness those powerful jaws in action, right?)

So...Perhaps the boy was so fascinated with the feeding of the crocs that he, being a mere child and incapable of fully grasping reality, wanted to experience being the person who gets to feed the crocs.

That possible circumstance wouldn't be too hard to put together, would it?

I'd even say it's quite plausible. It doesn't mean that's the "why" behind the actions of this boy. It would certainly follow your assumption that children are innocent. He wouldn't know the difference between watching the animal's keeper feed the croc dead quails (a common food used in Aussie parks), vs whatever was available when he committed this act.

Smashing the lizards with the rock would prevent the child from being bitten by them, right? A 20 year old goanna has got to be pretty capable of leaving a nasty mark.

That's just an example of what rational thought produces as opposed to the emotional response of a bleeding heart mentality.

Nothing personal, really.

JP
10-06-2008, 09:17 PM
In any case, this kid has a problem and I hope it's not overlooked.

goofball
10-06-2008, 09:27 PM
some people are just wired wrong from birth. they are aberrations, unnatural. if this is not an isolated incident of psychopathy (which i doubt) then an old fashioned smothering is in order. or would it be better to wait until he has killed and tortured a few people first so even more beings can suffer under his cruelty ?

blueeyes
10-06-2008, 10:08 PM
..Just sounds like it would have to be on your mind already for it to be your initial reaction. That's what sounds disturbing to me.

It is a known fact that children who are abused tend to torment animals more then a child who is not.

you make it sound like i am obsessing about that kind of thing and that is not the case... i was offering up suggestions for his behavior

here is a quote from the humane society web page

As natural "explorers," don't all children sometimes harm animals?

Absolutely not. While some children kill insects, few torture pets or other small creatures. If allowed to harm animals, children are more likely to be violent later in life. Animal cruelty, like any other violence, should never be attributed to a stage of development.

What kind of children are cruel to animals?

Serious or repeated animal cruelty is seen more often in boys than in girls. Children as young as four may harm animals, but such behavior is most common during adolescence. Cruelty is often associated with children who do poorly in school and have low self-esteem and few friends. Children who are cruel to animals are often characterized as bullies and may have a history of truancy, vandalism, and other antisocial behaviors.

What does animal cruelty indicate about family dynamics?

Researchers say that a child's violence against animals often represents displaced hostility and aggression stemming from neglect or abuse of the child or of another family member. Animal cruelty committed by any member of a family, whether parent or child, often means child abuse occurs in that family.

your situation is plausible...but very unlikely

another quote

A 1997 survey of 50 of the largest shelters for battered women in the United States found that 85% of women and 63% of children entering shelters discussed incidents of pet abuse in the family. Children who have witnessed domestic violence or who have been the victims of physical or sexual abuse may also become animal abusers themselves, imitating the violence they have seen or experienced. A study conducted in 1995 noted that 32% of the pet-owning victims of domestic abuse reported that one or more of their children had hurt or killed a pet. Similarly, a 1983 study noted that children were reported to be abusive to animals in more than a third of a sample of pet-owning families referred to New Jersey's Division of Youth and Family Services for suspected child abuse.

granted a few rare apples are wired wrong to begin with...but they are very rare

KapitanSparrow
10-07-2008, 06:48 AM
I used to shoot frogs with a slingshot when I was a kid - that was the thing to do for young boys. When older - 10 and up - I got into fights with morons who would torture animals. 20 years later I can say we all turned out decent, heh.

moabfool
10-07-2008, 11:46 AM
Frying ants, pulling the hind legs off of grasshoppers to make helicopters, putting grasshoppers in jars with gas soaked cotton balls, and the like were summer passtimes as a child. Throwing rocks at our sheep & trying to hit Magpies with sling shots were about as bad as we got. My buddy got what he deserved for taunting a horse. Luckily when the horse kicked him it was a glancing blow and he only needed a few stitches to his forehead.

I remember being shocked the first time I saw my dad bash a fish's head on a rock to kill it.

The worst thing I did as a kid was negligently kill one of our lambs. I wanted this lamb to be mine, so I caught it and put it in the dog kennel. Little lambs without their moms don't last very long. My grandpa was very gentle as he helped me bury it. I really didn't understand what I'd done at age 5, but I sure do now.

I do remember not feeling any remorse when I saw my dog start killing the neighbor's turkeys. He was normally a good dog, but he and another dog got into a game of one-upsmanship and went on a killing rampage. At my young age the carnage didn't even phase me. I can promise I'd have a problem with it now.

One time that dog broke his chain to chase down our sheep when they busted out of the fence. He rounded up all the sheep, herded them back into the pasture, and sat at the hole in the fence 'till we got home. Other than one turkey killing spree he was a very good dog. Not bad for a stray that followed my aunt home.

Now, there are some kids that are just bad. I saw that firsthand as a teenager. I remember wondering what was wrong with some of the young neighbor kids when I saw them decapitating cats with (wait for it) trains. Yup, they'd catch a cat and tie it to the tracks. Now I've got no real dislike for cats, unless when they're running loose killing game birds, but this was beyond reasonable behavior IMHO. I'd say that 85% of the time the problem starts with the parents.

KapitanSparrow
10-07-2008, 12:02 PM
I'd say that 85% of the time the problem starts with the parents.

Agreed

LOAH
10-07-2008, 07:25 PM
Ahh, it's refreshing to finally hear some realistic responses. Thanks. :2thumbs: