PDA

View Full Version : SUSHI UPDATE!!!! Had to Change Resteraunt

blueeyes
09-29-2008, 01:17 PM
I have called Takashi's three times today and left a message. They won't return my call and do not have the seating for 18 people, even if the 3 maybes don't show up we are still to0 big of a group.

We will meet at

Kyoto's
1080 E 1300 S
SLC, UT 84105

Same time and day OCTOBER 1st @ 6:30PM
Reservation is under Chere'

We can try Takashi's when Cirrus comes through. I will also PM each person who said they were coming.

See you on Wednesday!

Don
09-29-2008, 01:49 PM
Still looking forward to it! :2thumbs:

KAH
09-29-2008, 02:52 PM
I totally missed this thread. Is it too late to put me down as a definite maybe?

blueeyes
09-29-2008, 06:34 PM
I think we could sqeeze you in! See ya there!

BruteForce
09-29-2008, 06:37 PM
Provided my project doesn't keep me at work until at 7pm (like it has the last 2 weeks), I'll still be there.

Don
09-29-2008, 06:47 PM
Provided my project doesn't keep me at work until at 7pm (like it has the last 2 weeks), I'll still be there.

Awww, man. I didn't know he was going to be there.

Just kidding BF. I'm actually looking forward to meeting you. :haha:

blueeyes
09-29-2008, 06:55 PM

Now boys...lets get along... or I will have to slap you upside the head. :haha:

KapitanSparrow
09-29-2008, 07:33 PM
Yep, violators will have to eat a square inch of wasabi, followed by a bottle of sake.

blueeyes
09-29-2008, 07:58 PM
Now that is one hell of a punishment! :lol8:

JP
09-29-2008, 08:01 PM

Please video tape this encounter, we'll take bets right here on this site :lol8: :boxing:

blueeyes
09-29-2008, 08:06 PM

Please video tape this encounter, we'll take bets right here on this site :lol8: :boxing:

I can make both those boys slap themselves upside the head. Don't ever under estimate the power of a Mother! :nod: I won't even lift a finger. Just give them the eye.

JP
09-29-2008, 08:08 PM
I can make both those boys slap themselves upside the head. Don't ever under estimate the power of a Mother! :nod: I won't even lift a finger. Just give them the eye.
I fully understand the power :lol8: Just bring a video camera just in case :haha:

greyhair biker
09-29-2008, 08:30 PM
COUNT ME IN! (I'll sneak in ...if the reservation isnt big enough)

blueeyes
09-29-2008, 08:35 PM
Are you serious! That is awesome!!! We should be fine.

Anyone else want to join at the last minute? Alison??? Wish you could make it.

greyhair biker
09-29-2008, 08:37 PM
Are you serious! That is awesome!!! We should be fine.

Anyone else want to join at the last minute? Alison??? Wish you could make it.
YES - I will be there! What a group! :popcorn:

blueeyes
09-29-2008, 08:39 PM
Just wait tell you meet the crew from from Meet In there are fun too!

Sombeech
09-29-2008, 08:40 PM
Sorry to miss this, I'll be in San Francisco.....

KapitanSparrow
09-29-2008, 08:56 PM
They will run out of fresh fish, heh :roflol:

BruteForce
09-30-2008, 05:54 PM
EDITED DUE TO FAILURE TO READ FIRST POSTING..

:ne_nau:

KapitanSparrow
09-30-2008, 06:00 PM
Is it safe to assume it will be obvious where this group is going to be positioned? Do we ask for any specific party?

6:30pm, correct?

F... you scared me for a minute there, Brute. I read this and not sure why got concerned about today possibly being Wednesday and having missed the event. Uffff! Took me a few seconds to realize I'm safe from Blueeyes's wrath. Yeah, I think it's 6:30, reservation under Chere'.

Alex
10-01-2008, 06:39 AM
They will run out of fresh fish, heh :roflol:

It's ok, we can just eat small mouth bass from Jordanelle reservoir :haha: :2thumbs:

blueeyes
10-01-2008, 08:08 AM
Is it safe to assume it will be obvious where this group is going to be positioned? Do we ask for any specific party?

6:30pm, correct?

F... you scared me for a minute there, Brute. I read this and not sure why got concerned about today possibly being Wednesday and having missed the event. Uffff! Took me a few seconds to realize I'm safe from Blueeyes's wrath. Yeah, I think it's 6:30, reservation under Chere'.

I do have quite the mean streak! :lol8: I am a total push over even my kids will tell ya that.

See ya all tonight!

accadacca
10-01-2008, 08:58 AM
Take some photos and video if you have it. Beech cannot attend so someone must document the festivities for the rest of us. :lol8:

KapitanSparrow
10-01-2008, 03:13 PM
Think I'm gonna take a nap before I head out :2thumbs:

blueeyes
10-01-2008, 04:20 PM
Off to get pizza for the kids, see ya all soon!

JP
10-01-2008, 07:12 PM
Hope ya all had a great time eating that raw fish :haha: Anybody have the eel :ne_nau:

KapitanSparrow
10-01-2008, 08:10 PM
It was a very fun outing and the food was good. If you're a fan of noodle soup it's definately a place to go. Just ask BruteForce.

BruteForce
10-01-2008, 08:16 PM
It was a very fun outing and the food was good. If you're a fan of noodle soup it's definately a place to go. Just ask BruteForce.

Yup! Order noodle soup for one, and get a bowl large enough for 10!

accadacca
10-01-2008, 08:17 PM
I like the udon. It is really good here: http://yapona.com/menu_japanesenoodles.html

How many peeps showed up

JP
10-01-2008, 08:20 PM
Glad to hear it went well :haha: No need for the gloves Brute :roflol: :roflol:

BruteForce
10-01-2008, 08:20 PM
I like the udon. It is really good here: http://yapona.com/menu_japanesenoodles.html

How many peeps showed up

I had the Udon, only it was a GIGANTIC bowl. It was probably a 50/50 crowd between MEET-IN and Bogley with about 14 people in total.

BruteForce
10-01-2008, 08:21 PM

Damned, I thought my hands were big old baseball mits until I shook Kaptain Sparrow's hand!

JP
10-01-2008, 08:22 PM
:haha: :haha:

KapitanSparrow
10-01-2008, 08:23 PM

Damned, I thought my hands were big old baseball mits until I shook Kaptain Sparrow's hand!

You're trying to say I have big hands? True, I can't play the piano or use a blackberry and I'm good at shoveling coal but c'mon :ne_nau:

OK, I have thick bones. I know everyone says that but I really do.

accadacca
10-01-2008, 08:24 PM

How many peeps showed up

I had the Udon, only it was a GIGANTIC bowl. It was probably a 50/50 crowd between MEET-IN and Bogley with about 14 people in total.
Cool. Yeah, the portions are Americanized (pet peve of mine) at most places. :eat:

accadacca
10-01-2008, 08:26 PM

You're trying to say I have big hands? True, I can't play the piano or use a blackberry and I'm good at shoveling coal but c'mon :ne_nau:

OK, I have thick bones. I know everyone says that but I really do.
:roflol: Guess yer not good at pickin' the guitar either or playin' on an iPhone.

Shoveling coal. :lol8: :lol8: :lol8:

JP
10-01-2008, 08:38 PM
It must be a Polish thing :haha:

KapitanSparrow
10-01-2008, 08:49 PM
In the old days, before oil or gas heating became popular, you would heat your house with coal. A truck would come, dump it by a dedicated basement window that lead to the furnace room. Then your dad would order you to shovel 2 - 3 tons through that window into the room. Two to three times during the heating season. :2thumbs:

Mtnman1830
10-01-2008, 08:56 PM
It was quite the crowd there, more so when Sportsman and I showed up. Thanks for literally squeezing us in!

Being a sushi virgin, I asked for suggestions. Yellow tail (or is it fin) tuna was suggested. Not too bad - I decided to grow some hair and had some octopus too. I think I liked the octopus better.

Anyway, I just may join in next time.

Felicia
10-01-2008, 08:56 PM
In the old days, before oil or gas heating became popular, you would heat your house with coal. A truck would come, dump it by a dedicated basement window that lead to the furnace room. Then your dad would order you to shovel 2 - 3 tons through that window into the room. Two to three times during the heating season. :2thumbs:

Been there and done that! I grew up in a house heated only by a coal stove - my Dad worked for the mine. :blahblah:

Glad you guys had a great supper. Any pictures?

:popcorn: :popcorn:

KapitanSparrow
10-01-2008, 08:57 PM

Been there and done that! I grew up in a house heated only by a coal stove - my Dad worked for the mine. :blahblah:

Glad you guys had a great supper. Any pictures?

:popcorn: :popcorn:

Blueyes was taking photos and will try to post tomorrow.

Don
10-01-2008, 09:22 PM
I had a fun time. Thanks everyone! :2thumbs:

JP
10-01-2008, 09:36 PM
you to shovel 2 - 3 tons through that window into the room.
It's the difference between physical labor and just plain old labor :haha:

KapitanSparrow
10-01-2008, 09:41 PM
you to shovel 2 - 3 tons through that window into the room.
It's the difference between physical labor and just plain old labor :haha:

Yeah, just typical winter time chores, heh.

KAH
10-01-2008, 09:42 PM
It was really good. The eel with flying fish eggs sprinkled on top was to die for. Chere am I right?

JP
10-01-2008, 09:47 PM
The eel with flying fish eggs....am I right?
That's my favorite of the few things I tried already :2thumbs: That eel is great stuff :2thumbs:

blueeyes
10-01-2008, 10:14 PM
I made it online tonight! Didn't think that was going to happen, my internet service at home sucks!

We had a good crowd.

Wade all the way from Greenriver just to have sushi!!! Thanks Wade!
BruteForce (please tell me your real name again)
Maciek
Alex
Brett
Mtnman1830 (I need your name too, I would fail if this were a test)
Don
Kip

All from Bogley

then

Michael
Lori
Laurie
Greg
Kathy
R Mark
Nick

from Meet In

Oh and Me

I will post pics as soon as I can get them to upload.

And yes KAH the Bear Lake roll with eel and flying fish eggs that pop in your mouth was the best in my opinion. I did not like those crusty legs, yuck!:puke:

I think we stressed the poor waitresses out with that big of a group. :five:

So ...ok little sushi place ....not my favorite, the sushi was not an orgasim in my mouth. I swear Tona's does this for me. LOL!!!! I have other people who agree.

Thank you all who came out!! I had a great time. The next sushi event is October 23rd. Stay tuned for details.

Now to upload pics.

JP
10-01-2008, 10:24 PM
the sushi was not an orgasim in my mouth
:eek2: :eek2: :eek2: :eek2: :eek2: :eek2: :eek2: :eek2:

And to think people complained they didn't get to see the pics this morning :haha:

Something tells me that the potential for orgasms on a night out would definitely have taken the cake :lol8: Why does Connecticut have to be so far :lol8: :lol8:

Kapeetan, how could you complain :haha:

blueeyes
10-01-2008, 10:31 PM
:roflol:

Don't make fun of me and my descriptions of sushi. I will knock you upside the head!!!

I like my sushi, and I like it when it makes me slow down and enjoy every bite and mmmm and aaaah and I can taste every delicious flavor. Good sushi sweet heart is GOOD SUSHI!

JP
10-01-2008, 10:42 PM

Don't make fun of me and my descriptions of sushi. I will knock you upside the head!!!

I like my sushi, and I like it when it makes me slow down and enjoy every bite and mmmm and aaaah and I can taste every delicious flavor. Good sushi sweet heart is GOOD SUSHI!
:lol8: :lol8: How can I make fun of someone being that descriptive :lol8: :lol8:

I have a feeling you would knock me upside the head and I'd probably deserve it :roflol: :roflol: :roflol:

I haven't tried it all, the eel so far is the best I had.

blueeyes
10-01-2008, 11:46 PM

:lol8: :lol8: How can I make fun of someone being that descriptive :lol8: :lol8:

I have a feeling you would knock me upside the head and I'd probably deserve it :roflol: :roflol: :roflol:

I haven't tried it all, the eel so far is the best I had.

Just so you don't think I am entirely crazy here is a quote from a guy who eats Fugu. I have to say I didnt think I would ever get adventerous enough to try Fugu if I had the opportunity but.... after his description I just might.

Eat fugu s-l-o-w-l-y with your chopsticks. Enjoy its delicate flavor. Your lips and tongue should tingle, like after a sensuous kiss, making every bite taste better than the previous one. Drink smooth sake every two or three bites to cleanse your palate.

(deep breath in..... big sigh out...) a man after my own heart!

JP
10-02-2008, 01:32 AM
Just so you don't think I am entirely crazy here is a quote from a guy who eats Fugu. I have to say I didnt think I would ever get adventerous enough to try Fugu if I had the opportunity but.... after his description I just might.

Eat fugu s-l-o-w-l-y with your chopsticks. Enjoy its delicate flavor. Your lips and tongue should tingle, like after a sensuous kiss, making every bite taste better than the previous one. Drink smooth sake every two or three bites to cleanse your palate.

(deep breath in..... big sigh out...) a man after my own heart!
Nuts :lol8: :lol8: :lol8:

blueeyes
10-02-2008, 09:26 AM
i am certifiable i will admit it