PDA

View Full Version : Drifting

KAH
09-29-2008, 12:09 PM
Tri-Style

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/tricycle-drift_186677.htm?Ref=Blog

Cirrus2000
09-29-2008, 12:21 PM
Pretty cool! I'd never even heard of drifting 'til I saw it in the paper this morning - good timing. That's a pretty wild take on it.

Those guys oughtta wear helmets, though. :nono:
:roflol: :roflol:

Oh, and the woman that was singing - kind of made my ears hurt. :bootyshake:

accadacca
09-29-2008, 01:38 PM
That is AWESOME!!!! :lol8:

Mooseman70
09-29-2008, 01:48 PM
Looks like fun! :lol8:

Deathcricket
09-29-2008, 04:57 PM
Oh nice!! Good choice on music for the video also. ACDC just makes it rock that much more.
:rockon:

Don
09-29-2008, 05:37 PM
Oh, man! I want one of those! That looks fun as hell! :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

JP
09-29-2008, 07:37 PM
Looks like the place that Mazda turbo SUV commercial was filmed :nod:

That's some funny stuff, where's the Big Wheels :roflol:

blueeyes
09-29-2008, 08:02 PM
Looks like the place that Mazda turbo SUV commercial was filmed :nod:

That's some funny stuff, where's the Big Wheels :roflol:

I was just going to mention the Big Wheels.

That video reminds me of my brother... he would ride his Big Wheel up to the top of the street and the scream down and lock his legs out at the end and come skidding to a stop! He must of owned a dozen Big Wheels. :lol8:

Sombeech
09-29-2008, 08:03 PM
yeah, definitely wear helmets :lol8:

JP
09-29-2008, 08:05 PM
and lock his legs out at the end and come skidding to a stop! He must of owned a dozen Big Wheels. :lol8:
And went through quite a bit of sneakers, I bet :lol8:

blueeyes
09-29-2008, 08:12 PM
and lock his legs out at the end and come skidding to a stop! He must of owned a dozen Big Wheels. :lol8:
And went through quite a bit of sneakers, I bet :lol8:

Oh no, he would lock his legs out on the pedals, just like the guys on the video.... and the reason he had at least a dozen Big Wheels is cuz he would wear the front wheel flat. Actually it is a lot of fun, I have to say I helped where them out too.

JP
09-29-2008, 08:20 PM
Oh no, he would lock his legs out on the pedals, just like the guys on the video.... and the reason he had at least a dozen Big Wheels is cuz he would wear the front wheel flat. Actually it is a lot of fun, I have to say I helped where them out too.
:roflol: :roflol:

I know when that "Big Wheel" failed to stop my momentum in times of emergencies, ye ole sneakers stopped it dead :lol8:

moabfool
10-02-2008, 08:32 PM

A big wheel wasn't a big wheel 'till it had a flat spot. Thump, thump, thump, tump, thump.... I loved the hand brake that let you spin out. They needed one of those that would lock both back wheels.

Did anybody ever have the big wheel that steered with the back wheels?

JP
10-02-2008, 09:07 PM
A big wheel wasn't a big wheel 'till it had a flat spot.
Then the hole that begins to wear in :haha:

LOAH
10-02-2008, 10:32 PM
Neat video. Helmets? It takes a certain breed of human to come up with this kind of stuff and test it and usually, those humans aren't the helmet type. :lol8:

Right by the Murdock Diversion dam near the mouth of Provo Canyon, there is a tunnel that shoots through the mountain and it's full of water throughout the summer and fall. Once they stop diverting water, it's an excellent big wheel place...Especially since it's pitch black and the gradient is really steep (once you get to the spot...the "Twilight Zone").

It's very stupid to go there, really (and I'm pretty sure it's illegal). If someone forgets to bring a rope, well...You're done! The concrete is so smooth that it's nearly impossible to get up the slope. I had a friend who had to ditch his shoes down at the bottom (the big wheel graveyard LOL) and spit on his hands and feet for traction to get back up. He barely made it.

What a ride though!

It's a wonder I didn't know anyone that died down there.

Scott Card
10-03-2008, 09:46 AM

A big wheel wasn't a big wheel 'till it had a flat spot. Thump, thump, thump, tump, thump.... I loved the hand brake that let you spin out. They needed one of those that would lock both back wheels.

Did anybody ever have the big wheel that steered with the back wheels?Green Machine? more fun than Big Wheels. BTW, you could go a lot faster if you flipped the frame of a big red tricycle and rode it like a big wheel. :2thumbs:

greyhair biker
10-03-2008, 06:08 PM
that is COOL stuff! :2thumbs: I gotta build me one of those!