PDA

View Full Version : Trip Report TR: More Utah County Caving

jumar
09-27-2008, 05:47 PM
Went caving this morning and was able to hit 6 little caves. None of them were real impressive. In fact most aren't true caves in the strictest sense, but it was fun.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFMZXOXoM1A

accadacca
09-28-2008, 04:49 PM
Cool! Git-r-dun! Man jumar, you guys have all the fun. :popcorn:

millsclimber
09-28-2008, 08:16 PM
Looks cool man! :2thumbs: jumar, you do have all the fun. How do you get out so much...anyway, nice shots. My wife about freaked when she saw that tight crawl. :haha:

Were all of the "pseudo caves" just walk/crawl-ins? No vertical stuff this time out eh? That's good to mix it up a bit. Keep the pictures coming for those of us stuck doing yard work and stuff... :roll:

jumar
09-29-2008, 08:11 AM
Looks cool man! :2thumbs: jumar, you do have all the fun. How do you get out so much...anyway, nice shots. My wife about freaked when she saw that tight crawl. :haha:

Were all of the "pseudo caves" just walk/crawl-ins? No vertical stuff this time out eh? That's good to mix it up a bit. Keep the pictures coming for those of us stuck doing yard work and stuff... :roll:
My wife and I have an agreement that I can get out for something like this once a month. Other trips are negotiable :nod:

Yeah no vertical in these caves. They're the type of caves I do once, then I'm content to never do them again. :haha: Most of these don't go back very far. If you can still see daylight, then technically they're not true caves. And that's how most of these are.

jasonbx
10-16-2008, 05:26 PM
Did you happen to look and see if anyone had signed the "registers" in Excavation and Stoneplug caves? I am leaving them up there for a year to see if anybody bothers to sign them. (Or bothers to crawl back into the tougher holes.) Been too busy with further out projects to go back and check on them. Maybe next spring... :-)

Also, did you go all the way back into Excavation? Or just the big obvious hole? The main cave is a tight little thing most of the way back, but it definitely gets to total darkness with the turns.

DiscGo
10-16-2008, 05:31 PM
Jumar you are the man. It is one of my goals in life to be your friend. Is that sad? :)

jumar
10-17-2008, 06:33 AM
Did you happen to look and see if anyone had signed the "registers" in Excavation and Stoneplug caves? I am leaving them up there for a year to see if anybody bothers to sign them. (Or bothers to crawl back into the tougher holes.) Been too busy with further out projects to go back and check on them. Maybe next spring... :-)

Also, did you go all the way back into Excavation? Or just the big obvious hole? The main cave is a tight little thing most of the way back, but it definitely gets to total darkness with the turns.
We must have missed the main part of Excavation. Hmmmm...
Yeah it seemed weird to me to place a register next to such a shallow cave. Makes more sense now.
There have been people signing them. :2thumbs:

jumar
10-17-2008, 06:40 AM
Jumar you are the man. It is one of my goals in life to be your friend. Is that sad? :)
:roflol: Well you better come caving or climbing with us sometime then, eh? :five: