View Full Version : Screen Legend Paul Newman Dies at 83 of Cancer

JP
09-27-2008, 08:00 AM
Screen Legend Paul Newman Dies at 83 of Cancer

Saturday , September 27, 2008

WESTPORT, Conn.

Cirrus2000
09-27-2008, 08:54 AM
It's amazing, you see these guys in old movies, and you just don't think of them as "aging". Paul Newman, to me, always seems to be at most the age of the photo on the dressing bottle in the fridge. Then you realize he was 83... Wow.

RIP Paul Newman.

Felicia
09-27-2008, 10:10 AM
Sad.

Thanks for the post. The article is well written.

savanna3313
09-27-2008, 04:02 PM
He was one of my all time favorite actors since I was a kid, not to mention the sexiest and most handsome man that ever graced the big screen. Yes - you have to go back to the old films (Hud, Cat on a Hot Tin Roof, etc) to see him in his prime, but I think he aged very well and was one of a kind. He was talented and generous........his philanthropic empire (Newman's Own) will live on for generations to come.

erial
09-27-2008, 07:34 PM
Saw him race at the 1990 Camel Continental at Watkins Glen. He drove an Oldsmobile Spice which unfortunately was not competetive with the Nissans, Jags, and Toyota. I recall him sitting in his car just before going out for practise laps, a mob of us race fans surrounding the car snapping off photos while he looked straight ahead already on the course steeling himself for the dive into turn one.

KapitanSparrow
09-27-2008, 09:25 PM
This f-ing sucks. I loved Paul Newman. He's in a better place now.

Last Child
09-28-2008, 07:41 AM
:wavey: R.I.P. Paul! and thanks for all the great entertainment!

My all time favorite Newman movie has to be:

COOL HAND LUKE

"What we have here is a failure to communicate"

What a great line! Ripped off and used by so many. Civil War by Guns & Roses for one. And just one hell of an appropriate comment on life in general.

Thanks Paul! I salute you! :hail2thechief: :2thumbs: :five:

savanna3313
09-28-2008, 10:31 PM
:wavey: R.I.P. Paul! and thanks for all the great entertainment!

My all time favorite Newman movie has to be:

COOL HAND LUKE

"What we have here is a failure to communicate"

What a great line! Ripped off and used by so many. Civil War by Guns & Roses for one. And just one hell of an appropriate comment on life in general.

Thanks Paul! I salute you! :hail2thechief: :2thumbs: :five:

That line is great and the other one that stands out for me is from the Butch Cassidy film: "I've got vision where the rest of the world wears bifocals". :2thumbs: