PDA

View Full Version : Deadbeats will have fishing and hunting licenses revoked!

KapitanSparrow
09-17-2008, 12:20 PM
[quote=Foxnews]
NASHVILLE, Tenn.

Mtnman1830
09-17-2008, 12:26 PM
That would be great!

I know that my ex is behind in child support payments, I have recieved just over 300 in 8 1/2 years.

I have taken her to court, but it only cost me time and money, so I don't have a lot to say about the ORS in this state.

JP
09-17-2008, 12:52 PM
Just deduct the monies from their pay. If they fail to maintain a job on the books, give them some seat time in jail. But, revoking a piece of paper, come on...let's get real. They'll fish and hunt without the license and when they're caught, it's a minimal infraction. The only bigger fine will be that of the driver's license. They still will drive without it and how are they legally going to get to work if you take their privileged to drive away? A few weeks in jail for failure to pay may make them wake up and if a few days doesn't work, keep adding til' it registers.

Looks good, but let's just enforce the laws that already exist. This little scheme is not going to get the kids the money they need, please. :roll:

KapitanSparrow
09-17-2008, 12:57 PM
JP but it does not hurt ;-) Don't most states have jail terms for failure to pay?

Scott Card
09-17-2008, 01:17 PM
Jail is the last resort in this state and probably in most other states. If they are in jail, the don't work. Jail is held over the heads of the deadbeats often not imposed if the deadbeat is making any attempt to pay.

As for revolking fishing or hunting licenses??? You'd be surprised at how many criminal clients want to avoid a domestic violence tag line on their charge or a felony just because of the hunting issue. Jail and fines aren't scary to them. It is a very big deal to many men out there.

JP
09-17-2008, 02:11 PM
You'd be surprised at how many criminal clients want to avoid a domestic violence tag line on their charge or a felony just because of the hunting issue. Jail and fines aren't scary to them. It is a very big deal to many men out there.
Whoa, domestic violence is not the same thing as deadbeat dads. Domestic violence leads to guns being taken away, totally different issue. Deadbeats will still have their guns and fishing poles to use, totally different ballpark.

Being seated in jail is usually the last resort, but because it's pushed so far down the line, there is no fear of it. Let them have some seat time to think about it. Get a job on the books, make the payments you should be and move on. Deadbeats should be forced to have on the books jobs and have their wages attached. If they fail, some seat time to let them know if you're not going to pay, you're not going to have freedom.