PDA

View Full Version : World Strongest Man Competition

KapitanSparrow
09-15-2008, 07:59 PM
CHARLESTON, W.Va., Sept. 15 (UPI) -- Mariusz Pudzianowski of Poland was judged the World's Strongest Man in a contest in Charleston, W.Va., where athletes pulled a C-130 cargo plane.

It is the fifth time Pudzianowski and his 58-inch chest has earned the title, the Charleston Daily Mail reported Monday.

The contest ended Sunday with Derek Poundstone of Connecticut, Dave Ostlund of Minnesota and Charleston's own Phil Pfister finishing behind Pudzianowski in events such as plane pulling and lifting 350-pound stones onto platforms.

Mayor Danny Jones said the event, which attracted about 5,000 spectators was great for the athletes and for Charleston.

"They didn't get this kind of turnout last year in Anaheim (Calif.)," Jones said, noting it was "one of the best things that's happened in my life."

ESPN is to air the contest in installments beginning Dec. 28.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDdIEUGGiLc

:haha:

JP
09-15-2008, 11:31 PM
I watch those things on ESPN :2thumbs:

sparker1
09-16-2008, 04:11 AM
They got a better turnout in WV? Of course, this is almost as good as a tractor pull. :haha:

KapitanSparrow
09-16-2008, 06:47 AM
They got a better turnout in WV? Of course, this is almost as good as a tractor pull. :haha:

Hey! I think they want to make an olympic competition out of it, heh. But I agree, those lumberjack competitions are more exciting.