PDA

View Full Version : STOCK MARKET TANKS

accadacca
09-15-2008, 08:32 AM
:eek2:

http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2008/images/09/15/t1home.stck.arkt.mon.06.gi.jpg

CNN Story (http://money.cnn.com/2008/09/15/news/companies/lehman_brothers/index.htm?postversion=2008091509)

rockgremlin
09-15-2008, 09:12 AM
Behold the nasty consequences of GREED!

In a way I am glad for the recent turn of events. It will make lenders, brokers, and real estate agents think twice about their actions. Unfortunately, they made the bed, and now we all get to lie in it!

DiscGo
09-15-2008, 09:36 AM
Yeah, I can see lending people money for their primary residence. But when the average guy is buying 3 or 4 properties (like many of my friends did) because "realestate can only go up", it sounds an awful lot like the stock market crash of 1929 (because stock could only go up in value).

And now I am stuck having my tax dollars help other people keep their multiple properties and I am stuck with no property at all ;(

Last Child
09-15-2008, 10:10 AM
Boy am I so glad that I didn't listen when the bank told me how much money they would borrow to me for my home. I couldn't believe it. If I would have been so stupid as to believe them I would be in a world of hurt right now.

But what really pisses me off is things like the CEO of Fannie Mae got 19+ million last year for running that business in to the ground. I wonder if his salary will decrease now that that government had to bail them out. I doubt it. It is really sad that there is no accountability in this country any more just as long as your in BIG business.

Hey want to run your airline into the ground. No worry the government will bail you out. As many times as you want too. It's all due to greed, stupidity, and a government that is more concern about the rich than us little folk.

Yep the rich get richer, the poor get poorer, and the middle class is slowly being dismantled. I guess this is what happens when we elect idiots like George W. to office. It is so sad to see that there are so many Americans that are so gullible.

And like DiscGo said...it's going to be our tax dollars bailing these greedy #%cks out.

:climbing down off my soap box now: :frustrated:

Jaxx
09-15-2008, 11:07 AM
I am one to believe there should be no bailouts for any company. Let the economy go down the shitter and rebuild itself. What happened to good ol accountability. Why aren't criminal charges being pursued on these greedy bastard CEOs.

PS Sorry for the language.

Deathcricket
09-15-2008, 02:12 PM
Ahhh!! I just wanted to say I love you guys... Each and every one of you. It's nice to hear the voice of reason. My question is why the rest of the country doesn't think this way and this crap keeps happening?
:popcorn:

Jaxx
09-15-2008, 02:25 PM
Ahhh!! I just wanted to say I love you guys... Each and every one of you. It's nice to hear the voice of reason. My question is why the rest of the country doesn't think this way and this crap keeps happening?

I LoVE yOu TOo MaN!

Gutpiler_Utahn
09-15-2008, 04:03 PM
You're still not getting my bud lite... :bootyshake:

hank moon
09-15-2008, 04:47 PM

you asked. i answer: it doesn't matter what one thinks; what matters is what one does. as long as we continue to do NOTHING to challenge the status quo, be it political, economical, what have you, things will continue to go south. There are actually 4 branches of government with the 4th branch, "the people". Though our tools are primitive (voting, free speech, assembly, recall and impeachment), it is time to start using all of them.

GIGO!

rockgremlin
09-17-2008, 01:19 PM
DOW down over 400 points again today...

We're probably gonna see a few bigwig execs pitch themselves off buildings before this thing corrects itself.

I wonder if I should liquidate my IRA and store the cash under my mattress?! :ne_nau:

Last Child
09-17-2008, 01:34 PM
Wow! Now the government has bought out AIG too. At this rate all big business will be government owned. I am so curious to see if the ceo's of these massive corporations will continue to draw huge ass salaries. There has to be some sort of accountability here. One would think anyways. Scary times right now.