PDA

View Full Version : Zion?

DWayne27
09-15-2008, 08:25 AM
Anyone make it to zion this past weekend, or since all the rain over labor day and afterwards?
I am looking specificly for water levels/temps in mystery, spry, and orderville.

tanya
09-15-2008, 08:29 AM
We did Snake Alley and Keyhole. Keyhole was really full.

goofball
09-15-2008, 12:10 PM
none of those, but echo was cold and very low

Felicia
09-15-2008, 12:14 PM
We went through Pine Creek on Saturday and Echo on Sunday. I wore my full wetsuit both days - I do not like to be cold. I'd say the water was medium level in Pine Creek and not freezing. The water was freezing cold in Echo with a couple swimming spots. We had a great time in both canyons. :2thumbs:

My daughter's friends did Mystery on Saturday and they said it was dry except for Mystery springs. They got a late start and rapped into the Narrows around 11pm. I guess they had a great time.

:popcorn:

trackrunner
09-16-2008, 08:13 AM
Co-worker did Spry on Saturday, said three to four places with water, deepest was waist deep, was not cold.

Deathcricket
09-16-2008, 02:35 PM
Did orderville last last weekend (sept 6th). It was dry till 6 miles in, then it was flowing huge. There were some really cool mud holes with insane amounts of bees. And all the good jumps are dug out at least 8 feet and good for jumping. Getting just a little chilly though. i imagine by now it might be wetsuit time. bring an inner tube for the narrows, it's deep enough to make traveling easy and the tourists jealous.

Bo_Beck
09-17-2008, 04:40 AM
Did orderville last last weekend (sept 6th). It was dry till 6 miles in, then it was flowing huge. There were some really cool mud holes with insane amounts of bees. And all the good jumps are dug out at least 8 feet and good for jumping. Getting just a little chilly though. i imagine by now it might be wetsuit time. bring an inner tube for the narrows, it's deep enough to make traveling easy and the tourists jealous.

darn-it! jumping sure sounds fun, but, but, but...last time i experienced jumping in orderville was as a sherpa for bellvue productions during the filming for the travel channel "national park month- grand canyon, zion, bryce, haleakala, and denali np's". setting up the lighting a few kids asked what we were filming? the camera-man explained what was being filmed. one kid blurts out, "film me jumping into this pool". being the sherpa and liason for the park, i told the camera-man not to film it. the kid jumped and struck a rock underneath- broke his leg. i now was a sherpa, liason, and sar coordinator. at least i got paid well that day! :blahblah: :haha:

oldno7
09-17-2008, 05:27 AM
hows the shoulder Bo? Hope everything went well.

Bo_Beck
09-17-2008, 02:46 PM
hows the shoulder Bo? Hope everything went well.

pretty sore...to be expected :cool2:
go to my first physical therapy at 9:30 in the morn. i'm psyched to be on the upswing now! :nod: