PDA

View Full Version : BYU disgraces UCLA

rockgremlin
09-13-2008, 09:32 PM
I wonder if Kirk Herbstreit has ever watched BYU play?

http://www.truveo.com/SportsCenter-Extra-Herbstreits-Weekend-Preview/id/4077050267

What a dumbass!

BYU: 59 UCLA: Nothing, Zip, Zilch, Nada

accadacca
09-13-2008, 10:11 PM
Yeah well his alma mater (where he played QB) just got dismantled by USC. He's a joke. OSU has been a complete joke in big games. The Big Ten is becoming a bigger joke.

I'll tell ya, Max Hall looked great. I don't know when BYU has had a better young QB lately. Somebody tell me, cause it was not Beck. He didn't come on until his SR season if you ask me and he was not as good as Hall. No way.

Kent K25
09-14-2008, 07:33 AM
Accadacca - even as one of the biggest John Beck fanboys around I have to agree with you. He had a great senior season, but it's hard to believe Hall is just a Junior and looked so good as a Sophomore.

RockGremlin - Kirk did swallow his words a bit in the post game review yesterday saying that BYU's offense is unstoppable...though he still expects them to lost a conference game or two.

DiscGo
09-14-2008, 08:39 AM
My thoughts:

1. Nobody could have guessed the game would have been like it was. UCLA looked great against Tennessee, and BYU didn't look that great against Washington or N. Iowa. (The point spread was only 8 points. Nobody would have believed on Friday that the final score would have been 59 - 0)

2. Ohio State looked awful. The first quarter things looked good, but USC really just looked great after that. As a really big Buckeye fan, I can say that I really don't like our first string QB (Boeckman ). He can throw, but he can't run and he doesn't do well under pressure. I don't know why they left him in when Pryor looked much better.

3. It is a compliment to the Mountain West to have Herbstreit say BYU could lose more than one conference game, as the Mountain West is not seen as having any real teams outside of BYU & UofU.

4. As far as Ohio State goes, if we get our running back Beanie Wells back, we are not done for the year. We should still have a good season, but I guess we'll see.

You have to love college football for all the possibilities of what can happen!

Deuce
09-14-2008, 10:33 AM
Very good day for the Mountain West Conference.

BYU thumps UCLA(PAC10)
TCU beats Stanford(PAC10)
New Mexico beats Arizona(PAC10)
UNLV beats #15 Arizona State(PAC10)
Utah thumps Utah State(WAC)
Air Force beats Houston(CUSA)
Wyoming beats NDSU(MVFC)
SDSU loses to SJSU(WAC)

The most unfortunate thing about the OSU game, it was to early in the season. Most would think "Great, expose them early...." But no...they will again go through the Big 10 and then go to a BCS bowl game. I pray to the College Football Gods that they don't somehow win their way into Miami January 9th..... :roll:

Kent K25
09-14-2008, 11:43 AM
3. It is a compliment to the Mountain West to have Herbstreit say BYU could lose more than one conference game, as the Mountain West is not seen as having any real teams outside of BYU & UofU.

I disagree here, wish I could agree though. He said they could lose to Utah and/or TCU, the only teams besides BYU that get respect outside the MWC. It would be a compliment if they mentioned a team that doesn't already get respect from outsiders. The addition of TCU improved opinions of the MWC because they had already had some good ranked years before that.