PDA

View Full Version : A sea of gyrating bellies?

abirken
09-12-2008, 08:51 AM
Our local paper came out to take pics of our dress rehearsal on Tuesday night. So I somehow got my 10 seconds of fame ya'll. Take a look at the article. Funny stuff!!!

http://www.postindependent.com/article/20080912/AE/809119985/1016&parentprofile=1076

:2thumbs: :lol8:

KapitanSparrow
09-12-2008, 08:56 AM
Cool stuff Alison! Good luck with it on Saturday and make sure we get pics. :2thumbs:

abirken
09-12-2008, 08:56 AM
Of course of course a horse. :2thumbs: Thank you!

FROGGER
09-12-2008, 09:02 AM
Mmmmmmmmm Gyrating bellies.... :naughty: http://www.dgemu.com/forums/html/emoticons/drool.gif

Last Child
09-12-2008, 09:04 AM
Dancing Goddesses!

I always thought that belly dancing was very interesting and very sexy. Looks like a good time. :2thumbs:

Jaxx
09-12-2008, 09:06 AM
Now I know your full name I can stalk you. Luckily I am too lazy to stalk anyone so you are safe from me. Quick search and I found your employer and some other useless stuff. Call me paranoid.

that is cool that you were in the paper though. I was never cool enough to be in the paper. Props :2thumbs: :five:

abirken
09-12-2008, 09:14 AM
Now I know your full name I can stalk you. Luckily I am too lazy to stalk anyone so you are safe from me. Quick search and I found your employer and some other useless stuff. Call me paranoid.

that is cool that you were in the paper though. I was never cool enough to be in the paper. Props :2thumbs: :five:

Hmmmm.........thanks for bringing that up. Not too worried. I'm a tough chic and can kick your ass so don't stalk me. And I work with a bunch of mean people that inject botox all day long and operate lasers so show up at my work and it could get nasty. :lol8:

Jaxx
09-12-2008, 09:18 AM
Don't worry about me. I promise I'm not a stalker :roflol:

Redpb
09-12-2008, 09:20 AM
I was never cool enough to be in the paper.
This is true

I'm a tough chic and can kick your ass
This too is true

Have fun with the performance abirken.

abirken
09-12-2008, 09:28 AM
HAHAHA!! You guys are great. Thanks again for the great comments!!!! :2thumbs:

accadacca
09-12-2008, 10:17 AM
Cool. Where was the bogley shirt? :lol8:

Randi
09-12-2008, 12:59 PM
Our local paper came out to take pics of our dress rehearsal on Tuesday night. So I somehow got my 10 seconds of fame ya'll. Take a look at the article. Funny stuff!!!

http://www.postindependent.com/article/20080912/AE/809119985/1016&parentprofile=1076

:2thumbs: :lol8:

COOL Alison! What a neat way to create some vibrant energy to "utilize" & "share" with other people. I like the way your class focuses on women of all ages, celebrating the natural sensuousness of "our" kind, without limiting the meaning of "beauty" to some silly ad mans toy.

The Burning Desert Fire Collective sounds like an awesome addition to the dance too!

Way to go. :five:
Dancing is like art in motion!
I'd love to see a video too!

greyhair biker
09-12-2008, 01:20 PM
Very cool Alison! They did a nice piece on your group :2thumbs:
...and yes, more pics! :popcorn:

abirken
09-12-2008, 05:43 PM
Very cool Alison! They did a nice piece on your group :2thumbs:
...and yes, more pics! :popcorn:

Your wish is granted......you will get more! But not till after tomorrow night. :2thumbs: Thank you! I thought the article totally expressed exactly how I FEEL about my class. I dance with some amazing women. :2thumbs: :five:

abirken
09-12-2008, 05:43 PM
Cool. Where was the bogley shirt? :lol8: Hunny it just didn't go with the look I was trying to obtain. :lol8:

abirken
09-12-2008, 05:50 PM
COOL Alison! What a neat way to create some vibrant energy to "utilize" & "share" with other people. I like the way your class focuses on women of all ages, celebrating the natural sensuousness of "our" kind, without limiting the meaning of "beauty" to some silly ad mans toy.

You nailed it sister! It's so important for us (women) to be able to have a safe place to express ourselves without feeling ashamed of our bodies because we are all beautiful. I love how my class focuses on togetherness and unity. The art of belly dance has been so misconstrued over the centuries, more specifically when it came to the US. Imagine that! We take an ancient dance and turn it into something sexual? Yea. So anyhow.....I highly recommend taking a similar class.......it feels OH SO GOOD! :2thumbs: :haha: Thank you for the kudos! :mrgreen:

blueeyes
09-13-2008, 12:44 AM
Alison that is freakin' fantastic lady!! You have to post video. You better or I will come kick your ass. :lol8:

So Jaxx

Pop quiz... What is the most poisonous natural substance known to man?

The botulinum toxin. So sweety if I were you I wouldn't mess with Alison, she has access to that stuff. :haha:

Deathcricket
09-14-2008, 10:01 PM
Very nice! I always knew you would be famous. Belly dancing is supa sexy yo.
:2thumbs:

abirken
09-14-2008, 10:24 PM

Yes and famous for a day! Let me tell ya. It was great to walk into Great Clips to get my sons hair cut and someone say OH YOU ARE THAT GIRL FROM THE PAPER TODAY. HAHAHA!!!!!!! Thanks for the kudos. I had a fabulous performance last night and wished it didn't go so quick! 3 minutes and it's done. :2thumbs: :lol8:

oldno7
09-15-2008, 06:32 AM

I had a fabulous performance last night and wished it didn't go so quick! 3 minutes and it's done. :2thumbs: :lol8:

Are you still talking belly dancing here? :haha:

KapitanSparrow
09-15-2008, 06:37 AM
It was great to walk into Great Clips to get my sons hair cut and someone say OH YOU ARE THAT GIRL FROM THE PAPER TODAY. HAHAHA!!!!!!!

Thanks for reminding me that I have to pay a visit to Ana, my beautiful Hondurian hair dresser :naughty:

I had a fabulous performance last night and wished it didn't go so quick! 3 minutes and it's done. :2thumbs: :lol8:

Would they drag you off the stage with that long hook if you overstayed your 3 minutes? I'd love to see a vid of you kicking and screaming, runing around the stage to avoid being pulled off, heh. Man that would be cool.

So where's the video?

abirken
09-15-2008, 08:09 AM
Ok so I have a video but it turned out soooooo crappy b/c the lighting wasn't the greatest. I am working in tweaking it. Just trying to find the right software program for this. And of course, b/c my hubby was too busy getting video, he couldn't help my son work the camera. Thinking we should have gotten more photos instead??? Video is coming, promise because our dance was high energy and the audience LOVED IT! Instead of a video for now I will re-cap with a few photos of my costume, fire dancers, post show photos and some crappy clips I did get from the dance itself. ENJOY! It's great to be able to share with you guys what I love to do in my spare time when I am not outdoors. DANCE! (and yes my instructor is 8 months prego) :2thumbs: :nod:

abirken
09-15-2008, 08:10 AM

Are you still talking belly dancing here? :haha:

HAHAH! Well yea I am. I re-read that and I guess it could go one of two ways. Thanks for point that out. :2thumbs: :lol8:

Deathcricket
09-15-2008, 08:41 AM
Cool updates! My aunt used to belly dance before she got a boob job and became to "top heavy". She had these cool little finger cymbals she would chime together. You guys use those?

Felicia
09-15-2008, 12:21 PM
Very nice! Look forward to seeing the video.

:popcorn:

Teleken
09-15-2008, 12:22 PM
Right on Girl Power!! Did everyone wear the headscarfs so the flames wouldn't ignite their hair?

abirken
09-15-2008, 10:26 PM
Right on Girl Power!! Did everyone wear the headscarfs so the flames wouldn't ignite their hair?

Thank you thank you! It was SUCHHHHHHHHHHHHH an awesome night. And yes they did wear scarves so their hair wouldn't catch on fire. One ladies DID though and some guy came out of the audience to smack her head. Was kinda funny actually. :lol8:

abirken
09-15-2008, 10:28 PM
Cool updates! My aunt used to belly dance before she got a boob job and became to "top heavy". She had these cool little finger cymbals she would chime together. You guys use those?

I haven't used those yet.......but hopefully in this next class we will learn scarf work, cymbals and sword work. Should be fun!!! :2thumbs: Oh and some of us are TOP heavy :2thumbs: but we make it work. HOLD THOSE GIRLS IN for the shoulder shimmys for sure. :lol8: