PDA

View Full Version : 9/18 Beginner Friendly Canyon Trip to Poison Spr - WAITLIST

AJ
09-05-2008, 05:16 PM
Hey all,

Just wanted to let you know that I'm putting together another less-aggressive than normal (i.e. beginner friendly) canyoneering trip for the weekend of 9/19. I currently have five spots still open, let me know if you would like to join us. E-mail me at aj2008(at)meet-outdoors(dot)com. Note that I'll be gone this weekend, but will add folks in the order I was e-mailed.

The plan is that we'll drive out Thurs 9/18 after work, and will camp a little less than an hour past Hanksville, UT. We'll canyoneer on Fri, Sat and maybe Sunday morning; and will drive back Sunday evening.

I

Scott Card
09-05-2008, 08:35 PM
Mighty nice of you A.J. to do this. :2thumbs: If only it weren't football/soccer season.

AJ
09-07-2008, 07:55 PM
Mighty nice of you A.J. to do this. :2thumbs: If only it weren't football/soccer season.

My pleasure. Sorry you can't make it. Hopefully next time!

Take care,
A.J.

DWayne27
09-08-2008, 08:37 AM
not sure if it is any help to you- but i just got back from the north wash. we camped at the sandthrax campground and did left blarney and right shillelagh. the weather was perfect and the canyons were bone dry- although i dont know how close your canyons in poison springs are or what they are like as far as water....

AJ
09-08-2008, 08:39 AM
It's fairly close.

I was actually going to post today asking for conditions of anyone who went to Poison Springs recently, or possibly North Wash, if nobody had been to Poison Springs. So I thank you for thinking about it in advance and being proactive with the information!

Take care,
A.J.

tanya
09-08-2008, 08:48 PM
Your timing is awful... or maybe it's mine. ... it's an ACA thing again. :lol8:

I would actually go and do this but I think that is when Ram is around and there is that ACA thing. I would love to do one of your organized trips though.... one of these days. :nod:

AJ
09-09-2008, 07:25 AM
Your timing is awful... or maybe it's mine. ... it's an ACA thing again. :lol8:

I would actually go and do this but I think that is when Ram is around and there is that ACA thing. I would love to do one of your organized trips though.... one of these days. :nod:

Yeah, I guess my timing is bad again. I'm not really plugged into the ACA circuit; so didn't know about that until after. We just went by what weekend my girlfriend and I could make it happen...

Hope you have a great time at the Rondy! Tell Ram I said hello, and hope that you can make the next one...

Take care,
A.J.

AJ
09-13-2008, 07:57 AM
Trip is now full, adding to waitlist...