PDA

View Full Version : My Horned Lizard eating

Kent K25
09-03-2008, 07:48 PM
K, so this may not be too interesting to much of anybody, but it cracks me up. This little guy has ADD. I put the ants into the fridge before I feed them to him, in order to slow them down a bit (they go into hibernation mode). As they slowly come back to action they grab the lizard's attention.

In this quick little vid, two of them came to at the same time and he couldn't figure out which one to go for...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EmGxbPXiCY8

abirken
09-03-2008, 07:59 PM
That reminds me of myself at Marble Slab. Hmmmm......do I want the butter pecan or the vanilla? Butter pecan or vanilla? Butter pecan or vanilla? :lol8:

Cute little critter! :2thumbs:

KapitanSparrow
09-03-2008, 08:48 PM
Cool indeed. Did you buy it or is this a wild catch?

Kent K25
09-03-2008, 09:03 PM
Wild caught. I had two, caught them both a few weeks ago, but the smaller of the two clearly wasn't going to handle the stresses of captivity. This one has transitioned well...obviously to the point where I can put the camera in the cage and he'll still eat. The other one wouldn't eat even if I left the room for several hours, I'd come back and he'd still be either running all over the cage trying to get away, or hidden/burrowed down in the sand.

Took the small one back to where I caught him, wasn't worth keeping him with the hopes of him acclimating if it meant he could just end up dying.

accadacca
09-03-2008, 10:04 PM
Nice. :five: